Join for free
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 09:53 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I'm still alive & coherent.
That is good innit.

Woe on the sourpusses who dare suggest that our belove d SCRIBBLES is dying.

A pox on all the doubters, may their constitution grow strong again

May I become driven with new enthusiasm & vigour for Scribbles.

Ugh my coffee has gone cold. BBL when I've warmed it up & removed the skin on the top of the beverage.

Yeah, & to think I didnt post earlier cos I had nothing to say
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:03 AM

Of Scribbles will always be here Young Robert. It needs a story. I must write one.
I need to think on that.
Mmm
When I was a naughty very young teen.
My friend lived with her Grandparents.
Her Stepfather was wicked to her.
Anyway her Grandparents had a Christmas cupboard under the stairs, they would buy bottles of booze ready for celebrating.
We used to steal some, then top the bottle up with water. They never ever knew.
I hated spirit then! Not keen now.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
It's wine day, of course it is a happy day. X

What's all this each to their own spouse?
no I'm into sharing and caring on the spouse platform! - mine comes with 4 dogs and a cat?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 12:26 PM

I’ve told this true story before but seeing that it’s wine day for you Sweetie it’s appropriate and you may not have read it before.
I have always loved Tommy Coopers silly wit and especially a sketch of his I saw many years ago.
He is in a posh restaurant and the waiter want’s to close up so he takes Tommy’s bottle of wine away from him, Tommy loses his rag and says “Give me my wine, you swine!”
I loved that line and was dying to try it out, I got the opportunity one night when I had to meet Phyllis and two of her sisters in a swanky wine place in town, when I got there I already had a few on me having been with the lads in the local beforehand, anyway as the night went on a sour faced waiter came to remove an empty wine bottle from our table, I grabbed the bottle back saying in a stern voice “Give me my wine, you swine!” He was not amused.
Phyllis paid the bill before we were promptly shown the door, me insisting it was only a joke all the way out. I was in the doghouse for a week over that one. Happy wine day Sweetie.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 12:51 PM

ah the dear Tommy C - my mother could never understand his humor as dad and I rolled around the floor in fits!!

he tells the story of standing on guard duty at night when he was in the army - his eyes drooped and he couldn't open them easily but remained standing - he then heard the heavy beat of the sergeant boots on the gravel pathway and when he drew opposite cooper - tommy opened his eyes in fright as simple said "Amen" - [he had of course been praying!]
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 12:59 PM

Aww, thanks Jem. I will find a clip of Tommy on Youtube for ya.
You too Gummy Bear.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

07-09-2018, 01:38 PM

Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 01:40 PM

I love Tommy Cooper
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

07-09-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dave H ->
I love Tommy Cooper
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Go on then.

My names Carmen because I like cars and men,..... yeah, and my names Lager Fa**y.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top