Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 01:03 PM

Pandora

Does any of the ladies here go for the Pandora jewellery ,

I bought my daughter a Bracelet and charms for her 40th birthday a few years back .
I really like them and am thinking of buying myself a necklace and charm , but theres so many to choose from I cannot decide .
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 01:08 PM

Re: Pandora

All my jewellery comes from Charity Shops
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 01:09 PM

Have you ever come across a heirloom Myrtle ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 01:09 PM

Hi

A complete waste of money, the mark up on jewellery is normally about 600%. Pandora beats that hands down.

Marketing over intrinsic value.

If you want to buy something good, vintage gold or platinum jewellery with real gemstones, a fraction of the cost.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Have you ever come across a heirloom Myrtle ?
. I don't think so Eliza ... I'm like a Magpie ... sparkly stuff to wear when I go dancing
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 01:15 PM

It's very expensive for what it is, not my taste.
I get mine from charity shops too, bootsale and Glastonbury shops as I like vintage or hippy stuff.
I think Pandora will be just a fad and end up in the charity shops soon.
I used to like the old charm bracelets where everything had a meaning to it.
I'm not saying don't buy it, it's just too samey for me, I like unique stuff.
If you like it and you can afford it Eliza, get it!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Does any of the ladies here go for the Pandora jewellery ,

I bought my daughter a Bracelet and charms for her 40th birthday a few years back .
I really like them and am thinking of buying myself a necklace and charm , but theres so many to choose from I cannot decide .
Absolute tat imo Eliza, sorry to be brutally blunt. It's a well marketed pile of worthless trinkets imo. People cling to the idea because it gives them gift ideas for years, i.e. you can always by another charm for a bracelet. Wearers can keep special charms and will be able to recite where each charm came from etc. All very quaint but it creates a self-fulfilling market.

Honestly, imo, you'd be better off buying a troy ounce of real gold.

Today, owning and wearing one of those charms, imo, is a clear sign of a conformist / "Sheeple" follower, just like having the obligatory "Pammy Anderson Barbed Wire" tattoo on the upper arm or having false stuck on eye lashes or chavvy stick on nails.

I predict that in a few years time the second hand markets will be awash with Pandora charms and they will be utterly worthless. Parents will be distraught when they tot up how many £hundreds they have spent on individual charms for their daughters only to find they are only worth a fraction of that money.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

08-06-2016, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's very expensive for what it is, not my taste.
I get mine from charity shops too, bootsale and Glastonbury shops as I like vintage or hippy stuff.
I think Pandora will be just a fad and end up in the charity shops soon.
I used to like the old charm bracelets where everything had a meaning to it.
I'm not saying don't buy it, it's just too samey for me, I like unique stuff.
If you like it and you can afford it Eliza, get it!
The charms we bought our daughter had meaning , the Chicken one was bought because she kept Chickens ,

I thought they were quite cheap thats why i was going to buy one , perhaps i should look in the charity shops, im a Magpie like Myrtle so my daughter tells me , cause i like shiny things
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 01:24 PM

I have a couple of their bracelets, I wear them a lot. As you say they are a bit expensive but as both of mine were presents I can't grumble..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 01:29 PM

Handmade jewellery is nice and usually unique. It's nice to support the people who make things for a living and no one else will have the exact same thing.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top