Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 12:09 AM

Re: What are they saying ?

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I understand. How we treat people is largely a subconscious action. Rather like the fact the very 1st thing people notice is the gender of the person walking toward us. We don't spend any time thinking about it. It's subconscious.

Yes, that’s true, we notice their gender but not really what they are trying to project. Actually, we have to notice them or we might bump into them!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think it’s wrong to judge people by what they wear. I usually home in on the person. I don’t care what they are wearing, it’s irrelevant.
It’s where their heart is that matters and if they have a nice smile.
To judge someone by their clothes is shallow (in my opinion).
This thread is supposed to be about what a person is trying to project, not what others think of them. However, in the REAL world we are judged not only by the clothes we wear , but also by our personal grooming habits.

Moreover, I can say without any doubt that I, and everyone else, am/are judged by how we dress. There can be no doubt that we are treated VERY, VERY, differently by various businesses depending upon what we wear.

Example: If I walked into Harrods or Selfridges, wearing a neat, clean, 3-piece suit with well polished shoes, I'd be treated with respect. If, however, I wore jeans and a white T-shirt, I doubt that any clerk would offer to help me.

Additionally, based on a lifetime of experience, I can definitely state that women treat me entirely differently based on what I wear. A nice up to date suit gains me a big smile from pretty women. I become invisible to women if I wear worn jeans and a low priced shirt.

Moreover, a man can not even get in the door of a high-end restaurant if he is not wearing a suit and tie. The same is true for women. She is wearing cut-off jeans and flip-flops she is not allowed inside.
I understand the concept you are trying to get across but in order to guess what a person is trying to project needs observation and judgment. You mentioned if you walked into a bar with a 3 piece suite on you’d be respected. Doesn’t that depend on the crowd judging you? For all you know they might be thinking ‘ who does this guy think he is?’

I’m not attacking you or your idea. I’m just stating the obvious.
How people view others depends on their own judgments and opinions; none being right or wrong, just different.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, that’s true, we notice their gender but not really what they are trying to project. Actually, we have to notice them or we might bump into them!
Sorry to disagree with you. Look at the following photos. Those girls didn't dress that way by accident. Every man on the planet knows EXACTLY what she is projecting.
And so does she.

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I understand the concept you are trying to get across but in order to guess what a person is trying to project needs observation and judgment. You mentioned if you walked into a bar with a 3 piece suite on you’d be respected. Doesn’t that depend on the crowd judging you? For all you know they might be thinking ‘ who does this guy think he is?’

I’m not attacking you or your idea. I’m just stating the obvious.
How people view others depends on their own judgments and opinions; none being right or wrong, just different.
I was referring to the Maitre 'D and assorted staff. I guarantee you he takes notice and is super polite.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	646599.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	13968   Click image for larger version

Name:	646606.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	13969   Click image for larger version

Name:	85832012.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	13970  
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 01:40 AM

Sorry to disagree with you. Look at the following photos. Those girls didn't dress that way by accident. Every man on the planet knows EXACTLY what she is projecting.
And so does she.

I was referring to the Maitre 'D and assorted staff. I guarantee you he takes notice and is super polite.
Of course they will take notice because (Ching Ching) their financial well being depends on it. That doesn’t necessarily equate to knowing what they think of you. People are paid to treat you well.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Of course they will take notice because (Ching Ching) their financial well being depends on it. That doesn’t necessarily equate to knowing what they think of you. People are paid to treat you well.

We seem to be talking at cross-purposes. I was talking about being treated with respect, NOT what someone else thinks.

But, we are getting of the track, again. The subject is what a person is trying to project by how he/she dresses. Please, do not ignore the main topic.

A few posts back, I posted photos of 3 young women. What do you think they are trying to project ????? Hint: certainly not "I am a highly educated, professional, business woman."
bakerman
Mexico

20-10-2020, 04:37 AM

It should not be too difficult to understand what this guy is saying/projecting.

"I am a tough hombre. Mess with me at your peril".

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	gettyimages-537922842-1024x1024.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	13971  
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 07:13 AM

People who try too hard to project, probably have a set of common emotional problems, that is why so much space has been afforded, in the welfare-commercial world for "Project Managers".
bakerman
Mexico

20-10-2020, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
People who try too hard to project, probably have a set of common emotional problems, that is why so much space has been afforded, in the welfare-commercial world for "Project Managers".
Sorry, I haven't the vaguest idea of what you are trying to say.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 09:33 AM

And so does she.

So what exactly are they projecting? That they are ‘up for it’ and ‘asking for it’?
Not... that they like wearing those clothes because they are trendy, ideal for the weather and hot pubs and clubs?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 11:42 AM

We seem to be talking at cross-purposes. I was talking about being treated with respect, NOT what someone else thinks.

But, we are getting of the track, again. The subject is what a person is trying to project by how he/she dresses. Please, do not ignore the main topic.

A few posts back, I posted photos of 3 young women. What do you think they are trying to project ????? Hint: certainly not "I am a highly educated, professional, business woman."
Prostitution

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top