Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 03:21 PM

😢 Silly Old Beggar Syndrome (SOBS)🤦*♂️

Once you're getting on a bit you might find that you, sometimes, do things which really embarrass you, whilst making others laugh out loud.

It might cheer us up to hear about one or two of your gaffs?

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 03:28 PM

Re: 😢 Silly Old Beggar Syndrome (SOBS)🤦*♂️

OK, hears my opener, from something I did today:-

I went to Costco, shopping.

Whilst there, saw some really nice men's winter coats.

Didn't know my exact size, so asked the staff if I could try them on (label says NO).

The two Staff Ladies said No, but came over to help.

1st Lady takes XXL size, off the shelf, and holds up the sleeves, then the body, up against the coat I have on.

Whilst this is going on, publicly, I realise that the coat I already had on, when I came into the store, was exactly the same make, model and size as the one I'm getting the Lady to measure up!

The two Ladies laughed, heartily, and were convinced that this was some kind of TV prank (they did a quick look round for cameras).

The audience applauded!

I crept away!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 06:22 PM

Ted, It could be worse. You could suffer with the POM syndrome... Poor Old Me!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Didn't know my exact size, so asked the staff if I could try them on (label says NO).

1st Lady takes XXL size, off the shelf, and holds up the sleeves, then the body, up against the coat I have on.

Whilst this is going on, publicly, I realise that the coat I already had on, when I came into the store, was exactly the same make, model and size as the one I'm getting the Lady to measure up!

The two Ladies laughed, heartily, and were convinced that this was some kind of TV prank (they did a quick look round for cameras).

The audience applauded!

I crept away!
It proved you have a good & tasteful coat choice. I often buy the same thing to wear if the other is worn & I need it. I have been buying the same style, make & size of shoes for years. I have no idea what I'll do if they stop making them.
I often have CRAFT moments when I can't remember things like peoples names.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

The audience applauded!

I crept away!

I did a similar thing (before I was getting on), I saw a pair of jeans on a mannequin in a department store and commented to my wife that they looked crap, I then realised that I was wearing a pair.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 09:26 PM

wish I'd been there Ted,

You could have said you were getting it for your twin brother
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 09:44 PM

A few days ago, I came out of the pet shop and just got into my car when I felt something fall lightly onto the seat between my knees.
When I looked down, it was a small, flat round battery.

My first thought was it was from the ignition key, so I took the keys back out of the ignition and looked. The battery seemed to be in a sealed unit and I couldn't see how it would have fallen out, but it worried me where it was from.
I got out the car again and tested the key to see if it locked/unlocked the doors properly, and it worked fine.
Then I started the ignition, and that worked fine, too.

Next I go back out and started feeling all down the steering column incase it was from something from under there, but again I couldn't find anything.
At this point I was getting a bit worried about driving home, so phoned a friend who told me if everything worked alright I should be ok to get home.

So off I went, but upon passing a garage nearby, I decided to stop by and ask the men there if they had any idea what had a battery like this and was it safe to continue my journey.
Three of them were standing there and they passed my keyring round, checked the ignition key, scratched their heads . . . . then suddenly burst out laughing.

A tiny torch I keep on my keyring had fallen apart and the battery had dropped out.
Boy did I feel a twit!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 10:25 PM

Mups...

"Boy did I feel a twit!"

Well deserved
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Mups...

"Boy did I feel a twit!"

Well deserved

. . . . and you can pipe down for a start.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 11:33 PM

Shopping for a xmas present for my son, I saw a top I thought was nice, and I closed my eyes and imagined him wearing it, it looked as if it suited him so I bought it ...only to be told after xmas, that it was the same one I had bought him the year before...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top