Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 01:04 PM

Re: Are you a night owl ?

I go to bed around 1 or 2am and if I’m lucky I’ll drop off straight away and sleep till 6
If I’m unlucky I might get an hour

I could easily nod off at 4pm though, but too busy then. Funny, no matter how tired I am I get a second wind around 10pm and become wide awake
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 01:21 PM

Nope,I'm a lark..I like to go to bed/sleep on the same day I got up,usually around 11pm.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 01:44 PM

I'm a nigt owl, never been a morning person and struggle to get up on a morning, I go to bed about 12.30 or a bit later, never before and if I wake at about 5am I feel quite awake but I never want to get up at tat time, I fall back asleep wake up for work at 8.30am and ten I can't get up because I feel so tired!! One day I migt try get up at 5 if I wake and see wat appens, (key still not working on keyboard)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 02:02 PM

I used to be a night owl in fact most of the jobs I have had involved either working overnight or being available.

Now I snuggle down a lot earlier than I used to aware that my body needs a set number of hours of good quality sleep in which to renew and repair itself.

I used to get insomnia too but that has improved of late
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 02:10 PM

I used to be a night owl. Going to clubs till the early hours. Haven't done that for a while as don't have anyone to go with. I think I'm too old to go dancing on my own.

I don't like the long dark winter nights as I've got older and would prefer to be a lark really once the longer days start.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:15 PM

I usually go to bed between midnight and 1:00am, asleep as soon as head hits pillow. Like Artangel I sleep very deeply. Then 5:30am am up and about. Like to go for a little walk before the traffic starts and then do my chores - the quieter ones anyway - until 7:30am. Then a quick shower, breakfast, and the rest of the day is mine to play with!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I rarely go to bed before 1.00am and usually wake again about 2 hours later unable to get back to sleep again for another hour

I'm quite used to my sleep pattern now.
One of my friends is the same as you, she rarely sleeps and I often wonder how she even functions, she always looks so fresh and lovely too, if I had such a small amount of sleep I'd look dreadful.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 09:37 PM

As a night worker I guess I'm more at risk than people who can't sleep in general. I have worked permanent nights for twelve years and I am careful to change as much as my lifestyle as possible to cope with it; sleeping patterns, eating at different times and more sensibly etc.

I saw this article this morning and read with interest but it doesn't mention night shift workers at all, merely concerned with those who can't sleep.

Diabetes, heart attacks, problems with eyes, hearing, digestion...I have seen it all in people around me who are perhaps not so health conscious as myself. My main problem, apart from the anxiety of never having enough time in the day to do things is not getting enough fresh air and sunlight, so I relish the summer months when I can relax outside.

Two more years, all debt paid off and my life will continue.
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 10:13 PM

I sleep propped up , almost sitting position due to health conditions. I usually get in to bed around 1am, put the tv on 1 hour timer and watch my favourite comedies, (Everybody loves Raymond and The King of Queens). I get up around 5am to go to toilet, then on goes tv again. I sometimes drop off, getting up around 6.30 or 7am at latest.
I know you are not meant to put on the tv, but in the long, dark night my thoughts can be overwhelming. So thank goodness for Smart TVs and Amazon prime.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I rarely go to bed before 1.00am and usually wake again about 2 hours later unable to get back to sleep again for another hour

I'm quite used to my sleep pattern now.
My sleep pattern is similar to yours, Mags, but I wake more & need the loo most times. I can go off straight away, but have never slept all through the night.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top