Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 11:16 AM

Re: Why the Tories will lose the next Election.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
and yet more of her stupid comments, yet people still want to vote labour. A brain dead person still living
I suppose we should cut her some slack really because she really is entertaining. I mean I could watch her cringe-worthy interviews all day long. It would not be so funny if she ever became home sec though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 11:20 AM

I really do not know how I would vote in the next election. I know I would definitely not vote Labour but unless a certain B word happens, I will not be voting Tory either. I would probably chance my vote on any new party that came along in the mean time.

I suppose we just have to accept that all our politicians are a useless rabble of self obsessed money grabbers, whatever party they represent.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I really do not know how I would vote in the next election. I know I would definitely not vote Labour but unless a certain B word happens, I will not be voting Tory either. I would probably chance my vote on any new party that came along in the mean time.

I suppose we just have to accept that all our politicians are a useless rabble of self obsessed money grabbers, whatever party they represent.
Absolutely Longdogs, they are the puppets of big business and the super rich. So frightened that the ones who manufacture or do business here will pack up leave these shores. I believe Theresa May is worried that if we abandon the EU and Britain goes 'Tit$ Up' it will be on her watch, and she will become the worst Prime Minister of all time for bankrupting the country. When you and I know that isn't going to happen....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 11:39 AM

If Keir Starmer and Emily Thornberry took the place of Corbyn and Abbott I think Labour would seem more electable.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 11:40 AM

I blame tony blair for the disconnect between labour mps and the electorate. Used to be local constituencies chose the candidate then TB came along and stopped many of them helicoptering in his sycophants. We ended up here with a man no one knew. he lived in london, instead of our local man everyone loved for his fairness and willingness to listen. Since then it's never been the same, we don't know our MP properly and they don't listen to us.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I don't want a PM who has links with the IRA in the past or with someone looking after the nations purse who only wants to pay the police £8000 a year.
I suggest those who are anti Tory look at their own party first and the clowns who lead it

God help us if she is given any power
Nor do I
Friend of terrorists .
No thanks
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well as a corbyn fan even I'm fed up trying to read his mind on that one Barry. He is a natural Eurosceptic has voted against our sovereignty being eroded time and again, but seems unable to articulate that now.
We shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that Corbyn will be labour party leader at the time of a next election.

I suggest that there are some, waiting in the wings, who will step forward to grab the Labour Party, and are waiting out the Brexit mess before nailing their colours to the mast.

Take Tony Blair, for example! To quote the well used joke "What's the difference between God and Tony Blair?"
Answer "God knows that he is not Tony Blair!"
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
i really do not know how i would vote in the next election. I know i would definitely not vote labour but unless a certain b word happens, i will not be voting tory either. I would probably chance my vote on any new party that came along in the mean time.

Just as the Labour party have Corbyn and Abbott the Tories also have their idiots that inspire no confidence.
I'm with Longdogs on this
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I suppose we should cut her some slack really because she really is entertaining. I mean I could watch her cringe-worthy interviews all day long. It would not be so funny if she ever became home sec though.
All true Longdogs, amusing only as long as she and her ilk are out of power but god help us if ever that were reversed...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
We shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that Corbyn will be labour party leader at the time of a next election.

I suggest that there are some, waiting in the wings, who will step forward to grab the Labour Party, and are waiting out the Brexit mess before nailing their colours to the mast.

Take Tony Blair, for example! To quote the well used joke "What's the difference between God and Tony Blair?"
Answer "God knows that he is not Tony Blair!"
I think you could easily be right, they tried to oust him before though so it might be quite a fight.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top