Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 08:38 AM

Re: Irritating Ads

Philip Schofield has over exposed himself so now I cannot stand him. Some of his antics on adverts are ludicrous.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
It's an interesting point. I think it might be even more technical than that, since no matter what time I turn my tv on, it always coincides with ads.

Yep! Always.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ah - Peter Wyngarde - he was, briefly, a member of York Repertory Company (c.1949/50) - and occasionally acted as baby-sitter for my brother and I. Mother was theatre mad - half York Rep ended up in our house at various times.
That's it Peter Wyngarde. He was quite famous back in the day. Did he ever read you a story Tabs?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-06-2021, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Philip Schofield has over exposed himself so now I cannot stand him. Some of his antics on adverts are ludicrous.
I used to quite like him until he went all cry baby on us, although he seemed to get over that very quick.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I've often noticed there's a break for advertisements after only the first six or seven minutes of a programme. Now there are many more advertisements in each break too. Also if 'channel hopping' the advertisement breaks seem to be timed to coincide with other channels. The cynic in me seems to be saying that's deliberate, to make 'channel hopping' hardly worthwhile.
It's an interesting point. I think it might be even more technical than that, since no matter what time I turn my tv on, it always coincides with ads.
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yep! Always.
That must be to do with these new-fangled televisions, 4G is it? They are like computers so must be programmable. Perhaps that's what that's about, they've used those 'settings' to ensure you see even more advertisements!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I used to quite like him until he went all cry baby on us, although he seemed to get over that very quick.
Didn't he cry on TV when he came out as gay and everyone already knew for years, including his family? bet there's a few like that....Matthew Kelly for one. Not that its anybody's business, but c'mon...everything is accepted these days, nobody bats an eyelid.

(Thread derailment. Again. Sorry )
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Erectile disfunction

NUMAN

DON'T DESPAIR. DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR HAIR
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 09:56 AM

Celebs, like Footballers, Pogba, Ronaldo, removing the bottles ,from the dais, knowing full well, that the advert is "doubly noticed" when they do that!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 09:58 AM

NUMAN

DON'T DESPAIR. DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR HAIR
This reminds me of the caffeine shampoo advert, and the woman's irritating voice that ends "Caffeine fo yo HAYR"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 10:02 AM

Ad. breaks should be of an exactly specified length. Then you could be assured of having an appropriate time in which to go and make a cup of tea (etc.).

Of course, if they could, they'd force you in some way to sit and watch all of their adverts.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top