Join for free
Page 37 of 754 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 537 > Last »
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 10:47 AM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Loved your post about Scotland Gumbud . Lots more to see though . Hopefully you will be able to return one day .
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 10:52 AM

Myrtle , have you been to the Shearings hotel in Melrose ? Don't know what the hotel is like but Melrose and surrounding places are really lovely . Well worth a visit .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 10:52 AM

Me again..I forgot to say Hi to Roxy and welcome to the Scottish Forum

Off out now for My first long walk for a while before the rain returns..Have a good one Folks,x
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 10:53 AM

Good morning every body all are welcome on here. Gumbud I was over at Bute a few weeks ago and we visited the tearoom at Mount Stuart. I have been there quite times visiting the House. I can see Arran every day and sometimes Ailsa Craig on a really good day.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Myrtle , have you been to the Shearings hotel in Melrose ? Don't know what the hotel is like but Melrose and surrounding places are really lovely . Well worth a visit .
Hi Abbey .... I stayed there last September ... it was lovely . That's when I went to Edinburgh ... on the Borders Railway ... great trip but I was overwhelmed by Waverley Station

I've posted some pictures on my profile page in my albums
Nephroin
Ayrshire, Scotland
Nephroin is male  Nephroin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 11:34 AM

Apologies to Abbey - and anyone else I've overlooked. I seem to be getting my pages mixed up and have missed some posts.

I've been to Dumfries House grounds a couple of times Abbey. A great place to walk around. I haven't been on a tour of the house as yet. Very grand I'm told. It's all run and maintained by The Princes Trust. HRH often stays there.

I'll try and keep abreast of all the posts in future !

Mike.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 02:26 PM

Some years ago I was a cub/scout leader in South London. I organised a two week summer camp in Scotland which involved almost one hundred boys plus adults and included the Gourock to Dunoon ferry. Great fun!! We had to shift almost three tons of camping gear including marquees so I put a plea for help in a local paper and I had a phonecall from McAlpines the construction company who kindly offered to transport the lot there and back for free! All they asked me to do was put a short thank you message in a local paper in the Dunoon area of Scotland. Needless to say I was more than pleased to do that. Apart from an almost daily trip to hospital with one boy and his cut foot and another boy capsizing his canoe on a loch, the two week camp was a winner.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK

01-09-2016, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nephroin ->
Apologies to Abbey - and anyone else I've overlooked. I seem to be getting my pages mixed up and have missed some posts.

I've been to Dumfries House grounds a couple of times Abbey. A great place to walk around. I haven't been on a tour of the house as yet. Very grand I'm told. It's all run and maintained by The Princes Trust. HRH often stays there.

I'll try and keep abreast of all the posts in future !

Mike.
Hi Mike ,
We went on the tour of the house and it was fabulous . The furniture and in particular the chandeliers were just amazing .
I've never seen anything like them ! Joanna lumley was on the tour we were on and couldn't have been nicer .
After all that , there's a very nice tearoom
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK

01-09-2016, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Some years ago I was a cub/scout leader in South London. I organised a two week summer camp in Scotland which involved almost one hundred boys plus adults and included the Gourock to Dunoon ferry. Great fun!! We had to shift almost three tons of camping gear including marquees so I put a plea for help in a local paper and I had a phonecall from McAlpines the construction company who kindly offered to transport the lot there and back for free! All they asked me to do was put a short thank you message in a local paper in the Dunoon area of Scotland. Needless to say I was more than pleased to do that. Apart from an almost daily trip to hospital with one boy and his cut foot and another boy capsizing his canoe on a loch, the two week camp was a winner.
Not surprised you got help in Scotland . Very nice people there !
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK

01-09-2016, 03:12 PM

Will have a look at your albums Myrtle

Page 37 of 754 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 537 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top