Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Scorpio
UK
Scorpio is female  Scorpio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 11:23 AM

Re: Anti-wrinkle cream.........

I've tried all sorts of things..I don't have many wrinkles for my age fortunately, but I found the best one to be Nivea Q10, and its a lot more reasonably priced than some.

If I had the money I would have liposcution, breast reduction and a tummy tuck, but I just have to dream about such things. Not sure I'd want a face lift as I don't like anything to do with eyes and I saw a program once when they cut around the eyes and pulled upwards
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 12:08 PM

I am 52 and have hardly a wrinkle. I don't believe in all these fancy creams. I just use water to wash my face (no soap) and about 4 times a week or when I remember apply some ponds face cream.
I was talking to my friends 98yr old MIL and even at her age she has hardly a wrinkle. I asked how she had kept her skin so good and she said soap, water and ponds cream. Nothing fancy ever just that.
So hopefully I'm on the right track as would love to look like her if I make it to that age.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 04:42 PM

Good genes, madmare!!

I personally love Cyclax Aloe Vera "Revitalising" cream. Not tested on animals. You can buy it online and it's cheap. Wonderful for feet, knees, elbows and can be used on the face too.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Bat wings, got 'em! I got complimented on my cheekbones a while back, and had to explain that they were prominent now as the flesh had sagged downwards into jowls!! Also have a dewlap, or wattle, both such ugly terms!!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Bat wings, got 'em! I got complimented on my cheekbones a while back, and had to explain that they were prominent now as the flesh had sagged downwards into jowls!! Also have a dewlap, or wattle, both such ugly terms!!!
Can I ask dandysmom what a dewlap or wattle is? Have tried different stuff but can't seem to get rid of the wrinkles-but not too worried-I've grown to love them now Wouldn't have Botox or anything like that-going to 'mature' gracefully
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Can I ask dandysmom what a dewlap or wattle is? Have tried different stuff but can't seem to get rid of the wrinkles-but not too worried-I've grown to love them now Wouldn't have Botox or anything like that-going to 'mature' gracefully
Lol. merz, it's that saggy loose bit of flesh thing that hangs down under your chin! Think of a turkey!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Lol. merz, it's that saggy loose bit of flesh thing that hangs down under your chin! Think of a turkey!!
Know what you mean now dandysmom. The reason I didn't know was that I don't have any saggy loose bits of flesh hanging down under my chin like a Turkey
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 09:50 PM

I do not have them either................yet!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

15-08-2009, 02:26 AM

Lol, you are both lucky not to have a wattle, ladies ....yet!!!!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 07:47 PM

I don't have many face lines but do have the starting of jowls and my neck is going a bit saggy I look wonderful when after a hairwash I wrap the towel tightly and everything is lifted so I can understand why people have face lifts but I couldn't scared of doctors and hospitals etc...
You can buy a gadget that puts electric pulses through pads and tightens the bingo wing effects my friend has one and is adamant it's working...
Sue

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top