Join for free
Page 40 of 754 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 540 > Last »
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 09:00 AM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good morning everybody. Gumbud you certainly had a great time on Bute. Mike I'm like you prefer the train to travelling free on the bus, its ok on short journeys. Hairdressers for me and then some food shopping.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Morning peeps, that is a bit of a monster Nephroin, never heard of a Pinzgauer .
I thought a pinzgauer was a brown and white cow from Austria ...No doubt Mike will tell Us what His is.

Kitchen smelling lovely of carrot & lentil soup,bolognaise sauce,and chicken curry...not taking any more pain killers,so My appetite's back with a bang..time to get back to the exercise routine on treadmill & ex' bike.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 10:49 AM

Hope You have a fab' time in Coventry Myrtle and the weather's kind to You..I've never been on a coach trip on My Own,though I've been on a few in the past with aquaintances,some I enjoyed,some not...Must have a look at Shearings though I think They're mainly an English Touring company?
Nephroin
Ayrshire, Scotland
Nephroin is male  Nephroin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I thought a pinzgauer was a brown and white cow from Austria ...No doubt Mike will tell Us what His is.

Kitchen smelling lovely of carrot & lentil soup,bolognaise sauce,and chicken curry...not taking any more pain killers,so My appetite's back with a bang..time to get back to the exercise routine on treadmill & ex' bike.
No, not the brown and white cow May, the vehicle version. Mine is a 6 wheeler and it's big and heavy. No power steering either, so after a while you have biceps like Popeye ! (I wish). Just back from the workshops, so this afternoon's task is to put all my junk in it ready for a trip to the bothy on Monday/Tuesday. FREEDOM !! Yesssssssssssss !

The Bolognaise Sauce and Chicken Curry sounds great. I don't suppose that if I sent you a Tupperware container, you could er... mmm... maybe.... erm....

Mike.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 04:07 PM

Hope you have a great time on your trip Myrtle . Looking forward to meeting you when you come here .

Have a good time at the bothy Mike , sounds like fun !

All your cooking May is making me feel guilty . I must have a fill the freezer day soon .
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 05:42 PM

Myrtle enjoy your coach trip. May your cooking is making me hungry..Mike I'm sure you enjoy driving your ping gaur. Had my hair done then some food shopping.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 08:07 PM

Hope you are going somewhere nice with your new hair "do" Valentinojess !
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 09:19 PM

Hello from Coventry . I've stayed at this hotel before so I knew what to expect and it is as good as I remember it was . Mmmmmm... I've got a double bed and a single bed in my room !!!!

May there's absolutely no problem going on a coach trip as a single ... unless of course you are nervous about visiting new places and going out and about on your own ... which I'm sure you're not.

Not sure about Shearings departures from Scotland ... the trip I'm on now is with David Urquhart who are based in East Kilbride. There are a lot of Scottish coach companies .... get your friend Google on the job

The hotel us about 4 miles from Coventry so after dinner I got a bus there so I could find the train station ... I might go home by train on Sunday rather than get on the coach then I can have a few hours in Coventry.

Great memories of Rothsay Gumbud

Enjoy your bothy trip Mike
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2016, 11:54 PM

Our departure from Bute was more peaceful than our arrival. the crossing direct from the suburbs of Glasgow to the Isle was somewhat rough and windy. But our kindly hosts had suggested we could leave the Isle via the northern tip. So we followed them to the northern anchorage and crossed onto the mainland again but welcomed by winding country lanes and not suburban roads. And so onto the highlands - but where do they stop and start and when do the lowlands become the high ones?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

03-09-2016, 09:45 AM

Good Morning Each,a wee bit grey and dull here but the grass needs cutting so hope the rain stays away,

Not too sure where the Highlands start Gumbud,for Me it's when I've reached Loch Lomond then Fort William...'You take the High Road and I'll take the Low Road,and I'll be in Scotland Afore Ye'

I went to Spain for 3 Months on My Own Myrtle when I first retired and rented a wee Villa..,But don't know how I'd feel going to a Hotel Myself...I'll ponder on it,

Put Yer order in for a takeaway curry Mike and I'll see what I can do

Page 40 of 754 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 540 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top