Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 07:04 PM

Who needs facebook?

For those of my generation who do not really comprehend the need for Facebook:

Presently, I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell the passers-by what I have eaten, how I feel, what I have done the night before, and what I will do tomorrow.

Then, I give them pictures of my family, my dog, me gardening, and spending time in my pool. I also listen to their conversations, and I tell them I love them.

And, it works.

I already have three persons following me ... two police officers and a psychiatrist.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 07:41 PM

Re: Who needs facebook?

That is so funny Deb. Well done.
Its the young 'uns. You have to give them something to
believe in as lots of money, good jobs, cars, owning their
own house before they are 30, travelling abroad 3 times a year
is just not enough nowadays.
I am on facebook and normally say LIKE on subjects some of
my friends young and old have put on.
I also put a few OLD photos of me and the kids on
otherwise I don't use it too much.
Its the modern thing which is totally different to what we did
when we were young. Their expectations are so different to mine.
I was brainwashed into thinking that after I left school at 15 and
worked for a few years. I would be engaged to be married. He
would still go to work and when we married I would stay at home
and cook, clean and bring up the kids.
Now that's like saying a Neanderthal man was a good choice. Progress is what it is.
Good job we don't have to put up with it for ever as I don't want to live until I am 100 as at nearly 70 I am getting fed up already.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
For those of my generation who do not really comprehend the need for Facebook:

Presently, I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell the passers-by what I have eaten, how I feel, what I have done the night before, and what I will do tomorrow.

Then, I give them pictures of my family, my dog, me gardening, and spending time in my pool. I also listen to their conversations, and I tell them I love them.

And, it works.

I already have three persons following me ... two police officers and a psychiatrist.
That's brilliant Deb!!
And so true!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 09:07 PM

Ive no need or desire for Facebook in my life not now and nor in future thanks
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 10:33 PM

I've met so many interesting people through Facebook groups. I think it depends how you use it. I make a point of not adding people I haven't met or spoken to for a long time in forums. I don't tend to post rubbish about how I feel etc. And no photos of grandkids as you don't know who can see them, but, I send them in messages to family. I like the arts and craftsand gardening groups like Golden Oldies, swapping tips etc. Also the suggested pages can show you things you wouldn't look for (no!) funny animal videos, clever inventions and old photos etc. I love it, but, you have to use it wisely and keep stuff private.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 10:58 PM

A good place to get my photographs seen and to see the efforts of others.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 11:07 PM

Thank you for the chuckle Deb. I don't "do" Face Book. The one highlight was finding my Jr High crush and seeing he grew up to a really handsome man. Otherwise it's not really for me. Funny though I just told my son last night that I wanted him to send me real live photographs in the mail of the new wee one after it's born. I don't want to have to scroll FB pages. I have my photo albums on the book shelf, not in the computer. Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy I dunno...
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 01:10 AM

I play lots of the Facebook games, I'm addicted!

I joined a local history group which is really interesting, lots of old photos from my old school and how the town used to be more than 100 years ago, it's nice to look back, particularly places I lived when I was growing up, some fascinating stuff!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 08:09 AM

If members wish to discuss FB could they use the dedicated thread please.

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...light=Facebook

Thank you.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 09:10 AM

Oooo the games! I've managed to save so many pets! I'm on level 360 something and all without spending any money!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top