Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 10:34 AM

Re: Who needs facebook?

Originally Posted by opheila ->
Thank you for the chuckle Deb. I don't "do" Face Book. The one highlight was finding my Jr High crush and seeing he grew up to a really handsome man. Otherwise it's not really for me. Funny though I just told my son last night that I wanted him to send me real live photographs in the mail of the new wee one after it's born. I don't want to have to scroll FB pages. I have my photo albums on the book shelf, not in the computer. Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy I dunno...
Talking of photos...me too Ophelia!
I hate the way photos are hidden away on the computer or on a CD. Whats the point taking them if you never see them!
The last couple of years I've managed to get our photos up to date from when we went digital, choosing the ones to keep and printing them out.
Couldn't believe how many there were!
I've now got up to this year and I'm so pleased with myself!
It's lovely to look at photos in a book.
The other thing I've taught myself to do is to create a photo book from the photos on the computer using Photobox (there are others) and the results are splendid! Lovely for a really special holiday or event.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 11:00 AM

I must admit i went on it for a short while, then some nerd came on talking to me? I thought where the hell's he come from so it put me off? And i packed it in. But yes to those who played the games i was hooked for a short while Never mind life goes on...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 11:14 AM

People say you can make it private Suze, but how did this nerd find you?
I don't believe there's any such thing as privacy on the web.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
People say you can make it private Suze, but how did this nerd find you?
I don't believe there's any such thing as privacy on the web.
I don't know if it was a friend of a friend? but he was ugly looking ... My partner now hubby said come off altogether you don't know who's watching..
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

18-07-2015, 11:29 AM

It gives me the creeps. I was furious with my sister in law when she put family photos up, if I want total strangers gawping at my face and my family I told her she needed my permission. She thinks I'm nuts. So what.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 10:54 AM

People I don't know well are "acquaintances" they don't see stuff I put on for friends. You can set privacy so only the people you want to see things can see them. You can refuse friendship requests or block people, delete friends etc. It's how you regulate the privacy that matters. Most of my photos are not public, the ones that are are group ones that I share with others that are tagged in them so they can see them, usually from events. Also some photos I think other people might be interested in.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top