Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

18-05-2021, 02:29 AM

Re: Home amongst the gum trees!

beware of the smiling croc full of??
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
bulldust - ever heard of dual nationality - I've got one? - when they're coming here its 'aussie' when they're goin there it's Indian and proud of it - good cricketers too! - and by the way I have many Indian friends who would just laugh at this
Talk about overreaction! The facts are that quarantine at Howard Springs does have to be paid for, it is not free. $2500 for individuals and $5000 for families the details ar all here. It doesn't matter if they are dual nationals or not.

https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/travel...ed-australians

I don't know where you got your information from, the last figure for the cost of a seat on this flight was $3000 per person, so definitely not free, the only government involvement is that they underwrite the cost to Qantas so they don't make a loss.

I am glad all your Indian friends can have a chuckle because this pregnant Indian doctor certainly wasn't laughing before she died.

Scotty from Marketing failed Australians in India thinking he could replicate the popularity of the state premiers when they closed their borders unfortunately it backfired on him big time and he has been backpeddling ever since.

Your trite, ill informed comments do nothing to lessen the seriousness of the desperate situation Australian residents so far from home in India find themselves in with the health system failing around them - some of them have been trying to return for a year.
bret
bret is male 

18-05-2021, 08:55 AM

We can't please everyone and can't save everyone - and we have now on this globe reached the penultimate decision[s]. Do we save our own nation first or last? do we save our own family first or last? do we reach out to our pacific neighbours or continue to cherish the old ties of Queen and empire

Very few individuals will really put their own lives and families lives on the line ; walk away and assist others - that is the crux. Sure I can feel sympathy for those trying hard to get back but the PM whether Liberal or Labor has to make decisions and draw lines in the sand FOR THE SAFETY OF 25 MILLION Australian of many nationalities on OUR SHORES and there always have to be barriers of health safety when and as appropriate. And I am sure Scotty will open the flood gates as soon as his health ministers say "it's OK now" but not until.

And by the way showing pictures of people who have recently died of the virus wherever they may be may not be a very sensitive thing to do either?
bret
bret is male 

19-05-2021, 12:43 PM

And now we have some Indian/Australian citizens in India trying to get back to OZ AND wanting to bring back with them aged parents who are not Australian citizens - well how does that work? - they must just be coming for a holiday - but I am not sure about this one whether the OZ govt will allow any non- aussies in at the moment - I think the answer is NO on that one heh?
bret
bret is male 

20-05-2021, 01:48 AM

Well the aussies keep debating and NOT taking the covid javb enough either - it's been put down to complacency - for example where I live and surrounding areas never had one case - but being a sensible citizen always have my flu jab and so started the astra zenica - any effects - yes mild flu like which lasted 3 days approx and then disappeared.

the India debate continues with atm govt standing firm - allowing Indian/Australians back as long as they are covid cleared - some want to bring back aged parents [understandable emotionally ] but they are NOT Australian citizens so under present border restrictions would not be allowed in - but this could change as the govt do want back-packers back to 'person' the farms and orchards! - this is a bit of a cat and mouse game or you'll be dead if ya right and dead if ya wrong? watch this space.
bret
bret is male 

22-05-2021, 08:48 AM

The Liberals are fighting some bi-elections atm and coming very close to not being able to hold a majority in parliament. In all fairness to them and I don't subscribe but it has been hard since the pandemic started. labor is constantly chaffing at their heals but who ever is in it's tough
bret
bret is male 

24-05-2021, 08:00 AM

Well here I am sittin under a coolabah try waitin for the Victoria border to open again - they bloody well won't let me in - well get the billy boilin agin - i gotta guy who owes me a few hundred quid over there - well dollars now since they changed it and i can't git me hand orn it! have set the tent up soon can see some rain clouds comin
bret
bret is male 

26-05-2021, 12:58 AM

Oh well can't sit here for ever while those bloody Victorians get their act together with another breakout of the virus - nasty little bugger heh. Tiny little state as well - you've think they could handle things better - ah well head back to Adelaide then city of churches and do a bit of meditation. Please Lord forgive Victoria [no not the Queen the state] of not being fast enough of the mark!
bret
bret is male 

29-05-2021, 07:33 AM

victorians still messing about tryin to bring under control - spreads like wild fire ya know - so still in little old Adelaide - city of churches and praying for hell to freeze over~!!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top