Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:32 PM

Re: Ironing

Life's too short to iron. Life has also been too hot lately . My ironing board and iron are up permanently in my sewing room, because that is virtually the only use I make of them - ironing seams flat when I'm sewing. Ironing clothes? Hardly ever, and only if something is very obviously creased and I really want to wear it

I used to know someone who ironed everything - if it got washed, it got ironed. I'm talking socks, knickers, towels, tea towels. Even dish cloths. I always thought she must lead a very boring life.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You mean you went in two days a week without trousers? That is taking 'casual' a bit too far!
hahaha! There seems to be a theme here now...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That’s true, maybe not for every office though, my son works in an office, which is also casual.

When he goes on business meetings he wears a shirt and tie.
As a single dad I had to do the ironing. Three children, 15 school uniforms,and another 5 for me. That was the Sunday chore after the kids went to bed.
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

26-07-2021, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You mean you went in two days a week without trousers? That is taking 'casual' a bit too far!

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:02 AM

Ironing?
What’s that?
I rarely iron. Oddly enough tomorrow I have to iron a new table cloth and napkins since I’m having company visit and stay for a while. I get extra fancy with company. Most of my clothes are made from bamboo so don’t need ironing. I’m not a fan of ironing.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I love it!!....

How about you, it certainly makes a huge difference,
I never iron anything, decades ago I threw out any clothes that needed ironing. Total waste of time.

Actually I do have an iron because my kids occasionally need to use it (they are in the military) but I never use it except to do things like weld plastic together.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Life is too short .
Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Life's too short to iron.
What were you two thinking of doing that takes longer?
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

What were you two thinking of doing that takes longer?
That takes longer than ironing? Loads of things. All a heck of a lot more enjoyable than standing at an ironing board and covering myself in steam
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 10:01 AM

I love using starch on my sheets, love that crisp feeling,I also like the look, I see so many creased t, shirts on people, I feel like asking them if they would like me to iron it,😂😮..somehow I don’t think that would go down to well.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 10:08 AM

Life's too short to iron.
That takes longer than ironing? Loads of things. All a heck of a lot more enjoyable than standing at an ironing board and covering myself in steam
No, no, what takes longer than life? surely that is the longest thing you will ever do? I thought perhaps you and Muddy had some esoteric plan to do something that takes longer.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 10:12 AM

Life's too short to iron. Life has also been too hot lately . My ironing board and iron are up permanently in my sewing room, because that is virtually the only use I make of them - ironing seams flat when I'm sewing. Ironing clothes? Hardly ever, and only if something is very obviously creased and I really want to wear it

I used to know someone who ironed everything - if it got washed, it got ironed. I'm talking socks, knickers, towels, tea towels. Even dish cloths. I always thought she must lead a very boring life.
Hi

Exactly right.

I pay to get my ironing done.

I would rather clean sewers than Iron.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top