Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 09:58 PM

Turmeric?

We hear a lot about Turmeric and it seems to be 'A Cure All for health problems, now available in tablet and powder form, and an ingredient of Indian Curry

If it is staple of Indian diet. so why are there so may Indian people with poor health.
Thousands have TB and other infectious diseases.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 10:46 PM

Re: Turmeric?

As well as being a digestif, turmeric is an anti-inflammatory so isn't a cure all.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 10:58 PM

I've got Polymyalgia Rheumatica. It's a condition where the immune system attacks itself causing debilitating pain in all the large muscles of the body.

Tumeric has been touted as being good for this condition because of it's anti inflammatory properties.

I thought if I took it alongside my prescribed steroids it might help me get better sooner but it doesn't seem to have helped. I try to reduce the steroids and the pain comes back.

From personal experience I don't think they do any good & I intend not to waste any more money buying them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 09:51 AM

Mrs LD bought a big bag of the stuff because it was reported to be good for you. The idea was to make turmeric tea. It was bloody awful.... much better in a curry.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 11:10 AM

I use turmeric when cooking curries, stews, soups and i even use it in my salads. I've used it for a long time. I've been studying nutrition for the past three years and it has very good natural anti inflammatory benefits so along with many other herbs, spices and foods i incorporate it into my daily diet.

I read too much can stain your teeth so be careful,
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 04:09 PM

I use turmeric for colouring maggots yellow for use as fishing bait.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 07:11 PM

It is true that the Spice Turmeric is an anti inflammatory.
The manufacturers recommend it for the following.

Reducing Blood Pressure
Pain
Osteoarthritis
Stomach Ulcers
Alzheimer
Some Testimonials say they do feel better when taking the tablets.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 07:34 PM

My sister-in-law in lisbon puts little chunks in her fish stews. Stabs a root with a cocktail stick and cuts it with scissors. Get it on your finger and it takes a week to wash off.

ŠAmazon
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 09:51 PM

My B-I-L was once told by someone to make a drink which I think was of ginger, lots of turmeric, cinnamon and something else. He religiously drank it every morning.
He had two heart attacks and eventually died of a heart attack.

Not saying it caused his heart attacks, just not sure suffering the concoction was worth it.

In my memory banks I'm sure I read somewhere that you need black pepper with turmeric for the full benefits (or something like that).
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:26 PM

my daughter bought her dad tumeric capsules for joint pain, he finished them but said he doesn't feel any diference

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top