Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 06:10 PM

Stockpiling.

Hi

Are you stockpiling for Christmas?

I know we all buy more than usual at Christmas, but these are unusual times.

I simply do not want to go out at the moment, so have stocked up with 3 weeks of food and supplies.

Sabina is coming Saturday with the bits and pieces I have forgot and a "30 pound box of meat.

The Cold Stores are full, so it will be all the bits the supermarkets do not want.

The Supermarkets are stockpiling ahead of Brexit, so it is all the things they do not sell.

Turkey legs and thighs, scrag end and breast of lamb, beef flank, pork knuckles and cheeks. and loads of offal.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 06:19 PM

Re: Stockpiling.

I dont stockpile but I have just counted 29 rolls of loo paper in the cupboard because I have added a pack to the weekly shop for the last couple of weeks .
I am not bothered about food we all eat too much at Christmas anyway .
I did buy two packs of paxo yesterday !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 06:25 PM

I never buy 'more than usual ' at Christmas, my store cupboard is always well stocked as is my freezer with home made meals and fruit.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 07:15 PM

No need for stockpiling. The supermarkets have plenty. A lot of our produce is farmed locally anyway so if we can't get hold of the Spanish poo-laden cabbages, we can get them from Cornwall instead.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I never buy 'more than usual ' at Christmas, my store cupboard is always well stocked as is my freezer with home made meals and fruit.
Sounds like mine, Meg. I never buy more than I really need as I abhor food waste.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Are you stockpiling for Christmas?

I know we all buy more than usual at Christmas, but these are unusual times.

I simply do not want to go out at the moment, so have stocked up with 3 weeks of food and supplies.

Sabina is coming Saturday with the bits and pieces I have forgot and a "30 pound box of meat.

The Cold Stores are full, so it will be all the bits the supermarkets do not want.

The Supermarkets are stockpiling ahead of Brexit, so it is all the things they do not sell.

Turkey legs and thighs, scrag end and breast of lamb, beef flank, pork knuckles and cheeks. and loads of offal.
Wouldn't buy any of that from a supermarket. I am lucky enough to have a good old fashioned family butcher not far away. All his meat is from local farms - and is delicious.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 09:47 PM

I don"t stockpile ,always have enough pasta & looo roll anyway . lol
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:23 PM

I have got enough food in for me and the dogs, and even the wild birds, so it will be only odds and ends like milk I will need next week.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I dont stockpile but I have just counted 29 rolls of loo paper in the cupboard because I have added a pack to the weekly shop for the last couple of weeks .
Just what is this preoccupation with toilet rolls?

If you run out, simply buy a copy of the Grauniad!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	My precious.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	14309  
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Just what is this preoccupation with toilet rolls?

If you run out, simply buy a copy of the Grauniad!
Like for like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top