Join for free
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 02:31 PM

Hopefully Relieved This Christmas.

Been dreading meeting up with the children and grandchildren this Christmas Day but now I am so relieved.
I was doing all the what if's.
What if I have the dreaded Cov19 bug.
What if I pass it on to a family member.
Perhaps I should stay home and not drive into London although Basildon and London are in the same tier.

Then we got a leaflet through the letter box last night around 8pm. It said testing was beginning at The Place behind The Range in Pitsea.
I know that the Theatre in town was doing testing but parking up is a little hard plus I still would have to walk a distance.
Relief with The Place right on top of a free car park and tons of disabled bays.

Also when I phoned last night (15 times) before I finally got an answer . They asked when would we be able to turn up I said whenever not expecting a Sunday appointment.
But all the better the car park will be virtually empty and no one getting in my way.
So Sunday 11am I get tested and hopefully that will ease my mind about Christmas Day and all my family members.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 02:35 PM

Re: Hopefully Relieved This Christmas.

Well done Bigfella, let us know how it goes, won't you.
Good luck.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well done Bigfella, let us know how it goes, won't you.
Good luck.
Well Mups not that it will make much difference after Boris screwed everything up last night but I tested negative this morning along with my good lady.
Although after swivelling that cotton bud around the back of my throat 5 times each side and then the same bud going up my snout as far as I could get it and swivelling it about up there.
I am now left with really bad sinus problem.
My nose won't stop running and at present it now feels like I have a full blown cold.

46 years of family Christmas's and now this "BAH-HUMBUG".
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Well Mups not that it will make much difference after Boris screwed everything up last night but I tested negative this morning along with my good lady.
Although after swivelling that cotton bud around the back of my throat 5 times each side and then the same bud going up my snout as far as I could get it and swivelling it about up there.
My nose won't stop running and at present it now feels like I have a full blown cold.

Glad to hear you tested negative LF. I heard tonight that Basildon now has the highest number of cases in the Country. I wonder what happened to cause that? I'm guessing that includes surrounding areas such as Laindon, Billericay etc.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 09:30 AM

Been dreading meeting up with the children and grandchildren this Christmas Day but now I am so relieved.
I was doing all the what if's.
What if I have the dreaded Cov19 bug.
Why did you think you might be infected? Isn't it more likely they will affect you rather than the other way round?

Don't you have drive through testing? I think ours are all drive through - you stay in your car so you don't come in contact with anyone. Then you have to go straight home and isolate until the result is available.

Just curious, I don't know your circumstances.
longfellow
Chatterbox

21-12-2020, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Why did you think you might be infected? Isn't it more likely they will affect you rather than the other way round?

Don't you have drive through testing? I think ours are all drive through - you stay in your car so you don't come in contact with anyone. Then you have to go straight home and isolate until the result is available.

Just curious, I don't know your circumstances.
Bruce you are right in one sense mate the young ones are more than likely the carriers.
But as a grand parent it was just a worry that I may have connected with some one who was also a carrier and the last thing I needed was to take it into London. In doing so giving it to my grandkids.

Safiyah is being released from her bedroom today her class mate was tested positive and Saffy had to go into quarantine at home for 5 days.
What's more is it was her 15th birthday on the 17th so she had to miss out on her pressies and party.

Being on the high risk list myself with Alpha1 is also against me.
Gotta be careful around here as you rightly pointed out LD we have now jumped above London and Kent.
All down to places like Southend oh and lets not forget both Kent and Essex are ripe with immigrants .
We all know what happens when their boats hit the beach's they jump out and just run all over the place spreading their germs.
One of the main reasons I think we should start re-mining the channel and putting machine gun towers along the beach's.

Has for drive through testing centre's non around here Bruce.
We had to park in a busy market place something that should have not been open "but"?
Then a long walk through the market mixing with all the undesirables all straight off the boats by the looks of things.
Then around the back of the community centre and queue up for about half an hour before getting tested.
To answer your question yes we are in contact with other's no wonder its still spreading like a wild fire down here in the Southeast.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:02 AM

So glad you got good results, but you really need to make sure the people you are visiting are clear also.
Hope your sinus's are juist a temporary problem, and you soon feel better.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 12:52 PM

Has for drive through testing centre's non around here Bruce.
We had to park in a busy market place something that should have not been open "but"?
Then a long walk through the market mixing with all the undesirables all straight off the boats by the looks of things.
Then around the back of the community centre and queue up for about half an hour before getting tested.
To answer your question yes we are in contact with other's no wonder its still spreading like a wild fire down here in the Southeast.
Don't worry you still have to queue here too. This is a test centre set up at Curl Curl Surf Club to cope with the current Northern Beaches outbreak.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image11.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	14334  
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 01:58 PM

I hope everyone realises that the negative results only mean you didn’t have COVID on that day, you could of course, get infected after you’ve taken the test, also, they’re not too reliable, there’s a fair percentage of false negatives/positives as well,

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top