Join for free
Page 2 of 164 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 > Last »
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 04:58 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

My husband had his jab on December 30th and has not had any side-effects at all, thank goodness! Not even a sore arm. We are waiting to see whether he gets his second jab on January 20th as per his appointment ... we haven't heard anything to the contrary from the surgery so I'm hoping he will still get it. We shall see.

Good to hear that yours went well Mags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Fingers crossed for you and Mr Mags.
Thanks Percy
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Good for you and Mr Mags, Mags

I hope everyone gets it done
Thank you Rhian.

I agree, the more who have it, the better chance we have of defeating this virus.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

09-01-2021, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
Mrs M and I got ours this morning – same procedure including the 15 minute wait before leaving. I don’t feel anything different but she is not sure…
I'm pleased to hear that Mr Magoo, I hope you both will be ok.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

09-01-2021, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
My husband had his jab on December 30th and has not had any side-effects at all, thank goodness! Not even a sore arm. We are waiting to see whether he gets his second jab on January 20th as per his appointment ... we haven't heard anything to the contrary from the surgery so I'm hoping he will still get it. We shall see.

Good to hear that yours went well Mags.
Thanks Margaret

It’s good to hear your husband suffered no side effects.

I hope they can squeeze him in for his second jab on the 20th, fingers crossed for you both.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 05:49 PM

Pleased for you both Mags.

We took my Mum a couple of weeks ago and it was a shambles, waiting outside for half an hour in the cold with no shelter, then reams of paperwork to fill in before even getting the jab. We were there almost two hours, so I hope that they can pick up a few pointers from down your way to improve their service or it will be impossible to vaccinate enough people quickly enough to make a difference.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

09-01-2021, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

We took my Mum a couple of weeks ago and it was a shambles, waiting outside for half an hour in the cold with no shelter, then reams of paperwork to fill in before even getting the jab. We were there almost two hours, so I hope that they can pick up a few pointers from down your way to improve their service or it will be impossible to vaccinate enough people quickly enough to make a difference.
Thanks Barry

I’m so sorry to hear your Mum had to wait outside in the cold for all that time. That’s what I was dreading as I can’t stand for long without getting a backache. We didn’t have to fill in any paperwork, just answer about 6 questions we had already answered on the phone when they were making the appointment. There was someone on the computer in the room so maybe they had all our information to hand. We were literally only in the room for 5 minutes.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

It's a similar scenario here .... I walked past the vaccination site yesterday and there was about a dozen over-80's standing queuing in the car park in the cold. I felt for them, I really did. They looked frozen.
Cars were queuing to get on the car park , with volunteer marshals directing them where to park and warning them of the wait.
Doubtless practise will make perfect. It's an ambitious project and the logistics must be awful.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 06:23 PM

Glad that's the first bit done for you both, Mags.
It must help things along when they are well organised too.

There was a Doctor on telly yesterday who had just had his, and he said the next day he felt ' Not quite right, but certainly not ill.'

I suppose the Flu jab affects us all differently too, but interesting to hear how you get on.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 06:35 PM

Good news Mags you are in good company with the Queen who had hers today.

Lots of members of my health support group have had their vaccination and no one seems to have had as much as a sore arm .
I won't mind if I do get a sore arm, is shows my antibodies are reacting and I will do what I do every year with the Flu vaccination, massage the site gently and if it hurts the next day apply an ice pack

Page 2 of 164 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top