Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 08:32 AM

Dash Cam

Had a Dash Cam for two years now, got it hard wired in yesterday, will see if this thread attracts folks to post some of their drives, see what I can do when the Micro SD Reader arrives.

macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 08:48 AM

Re: Dash Cam

have had a dash cam for nearly four years, in fact when i bought my current car, its a bit of a faff getting the card out and uploading it so i have never bothered, its just there, just in case
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 08:56 AM

Macy, I intend to have two SD Cards, one for the day to day stuff and one for when I go somewhere different, that is the one that will get uploaded.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 09:48 AM

I have had a dash cam for a few years and occasionally I do save the video and make a little story out of it but generally it is for those emergency events

A 64Tb card holds many, many hours of video so even when travelling there is several days kept on the card before it starts over writing the older ones.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 09:51 AM

I hard wired mine into the electric seats via the piggyback connector. That way it only powers up with the ignition on. Didn't want to wire it up to a permanent live side of a fuse.
Also had to place the dashcam top left of the front screen as the sat nav mesh took most of the centre part around the rear view mirror.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 11:37 AM

Do not rely on those memory cards lasting forever, because they do not. When I needed to run one trip back for a number plate, the card had developed a fault and had not recorded properly. I had no idea when it had stopped working, but the fault was there.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 12:08 PM

I've also got a dashcam Spitty, with a couple of 32gig SD cards and if I knew how to post a video I would....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

24-03-2021, 12:13 PM

When the Reader arrives Foxy, I'll get one of the kids to give me some instruction, and I'll let you know.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 12:21 PM

Very professional Bruce, I loved the classical music and was it was interesting to see the speed creep up as the road surface got better at the end. The John Egan track looks great for running, but I bet the temperature was quite high judging by the terrain. just one question though....What's a 'Dog Fence'?

I thought that train was going to be something special when I noticed the four power units at the front. I noticed in the first video you were using a 'Garmin' but on the second it was a 'Transcend'....Any particular reason? My dashcam is a Transcend and seems to do the job okay, although it doesn't record the speed. I also hard wired in into the car, and it comes on with the ignition.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-03-2021, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When the Reader arrives Foxy, I'll get one of the kids to give me some instruction, and I'll let you know.
Cheers Spitty, I can download them onto my laptop no bother....In fact that was the main reason I bought a new laptop in the first place, my old netbook running windows seven just wasn't up to the job... Talk about stop start....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top