Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
annju_13
USA
annju_13 is female 

30-03-2021, 05:04 PM

No sweets/no sugar diet

I am currently on a very strict NO SWEETS diet. It has been working for me. What it is, is I don't have anything sweet or anything that contains high amounts of sugar. Cakes, cookies, pastries, bread, sugary drinks, anything sugary and sweet. I started the diet two Saturdays ago and I have lost two or three pounds so far. Also, I've been taking in less food.

I will definitely continue with this diet.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 09:07 PM

Re: No sweets/no sugar diet

No sweets, no sugar.....

Shoot me now.......

annju_13
USA
annju_13 is female 

30-03-2021, 09:30 PM

It's not easy but it's possible!
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

30-03-2021, 09:34 PM

I see you include bread Annju - why is that?
annju_13
USA
annju_13 is female 

30-03-2021, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tubby ->
I see you include bread Annju - why is that?
Bread turns into sugar and carbs, which makes me gain weight. I can have wheat bread though. Wheat has less sugar and carbs.
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

31-03-2021, 12:11 AM

Thanks Annju
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 10:57 AM

I don't think bread turns into sugar annju, yes it is a carbohydrate but it's a complex carbohydrate and is only slowly assimilated into your system so doesn't produce an insulin spike. It does bloat though because of the yeast and too much bread will increase the pounds, or at least make you feel like it has. We all need a certain amount of carbs for brain activity and body maintenance though, so be careful not to rule out all carbohydrates. Be especially careful if you are an active person and exercise frequently.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 08:38 PM

Everything we eat turns to sugar. But I think diets focus on stuff that is already sugar!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 09:14 PM

What amazes me is the amount of sugar in "savoury" things...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-03-2021, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Everything we eat turns to sugar. But I think diets focus on stuff that is already sugar!
Only carbohydrates turn into glucose......

https://wa.kaiserpermanente.org/heal...odProcess.html

Quote:-

How our bodies turn food into energy
All parts of the body (muscles, brain, heart, and liver) need energy to work. This energy comes from the food we eat.

Our bodies digest the food we eat by mixing it with fluids (acids and enzymes) in the stomach. When the stomach digests food, the carbohydrate (sugars and starches) in the food breaks down into another type of sugar, called glucose.

The stomach and small intestines absorb the glucose and then release it into the bloodstream. Once in the bloodstream, glucose can be used immediately for energy or stored in our bodies, to be used later.

However, our bodies need insulin in order to use or store glucose for energy. Without insulin, glucose stays in the bloodstream, keeping blood sugar levels high

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top