Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 07:53 PM

Re: Credit Score

I've no bank loans or credit cards, just my debit card. The only thing I pay for each month is the WiFi hub for the Internet and my phones sim contract. I would think they are a type of credit.........are they not? As for my credit score, who knows.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 07:56 PM

Hi

I want to know if anyone has scammed me, stolen my identity etc and a Credit Score is the easiest no cost way of finding out.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Yes, that is a known but what is the advantage of knowing your credit rating?
It's for the lenders.

They track borrowers.

They like to know if you can be trusted to keep paying as agreed.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
It's for the lenders.

They track borrowers.

They like to know if you can be trusted to keep paying as agreed.
I get that but what is the advantage of me knowing it?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 09:24 AM

I have no idea about credit score, how it works ,which is better high or low score or even where they get the information from as the may be breaking the law under the Data Protection Act by receiving confidentual information
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I get that but what is the advantage of me knowing it?
I think that it's a bit like points on your driving licence.

i.e. They can see you blush when you apply!

Black Mark = price up!
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 12:58 PM

We have a credit score as a percentage figure. Mine should be between 95 and 97% with the latter being the best possible and the former being described as "small or almost no risk". Anything lower than that might lead to some minor problems such as not being offered to pay after delivery. Once a year everybody can ask for the current credit score free of charge.
The credit score gets lowered if you have several current accounts, even if you open an account and leave the bank too soon again, if you are a tenant, if you inquire about a credit with several banks, whenever you object to an invoice, no matter whether justified or not, and for many other reasons. So, it's best not to borrow money at all.
I don't seem to be needing a credit card any more. It makes grocers and traders frown anyway. I don't like cash and pay 90% of my purchases by debit card, direct debit procedure, or bank transfer.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top