Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:57 AM

Re: A Question of Trust.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
What matters is not what anyone thinks about us, it's how economically successful we are using every trick in the book before someone else does. It works on an individual basis and on a national basis.
Do you mean for us to become like a con man Todgy ??
Tricking old ladies out of their pensions etc ??
Don't think we'd get much trade then do you ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Do you mean for us to become like a con man Todgy ??
Tricking old ladies out of their pensions etc ??
Don't think we'd get much trade then do you ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
No, that would be counterproductive, but changing the terms of the pension would not be unreasonable.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 11:23 AM

As regards use of "rump" in this context - you should get out more. I certainly am not making anything up.

In the case of the ISLAND of Ireland it is not just two political boundaries, it is two separate nations.

Rump Ulster is British, the bordering country is not.
I think you are just talking a load of old rump just to avoid responding to my point about Switzerland. Nobody uses the term Rump Ulster but you!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think you are just talking a load of old rump just to avoid responding to my point about Switzerland. Nobody uses the term Rump Ulster but you!
Your point about Switzerland is invalid. In addition (from t'web) A rump state is the remnant of a once much larger state, left with a reduced territory in the wake of secession, annexation, occupation, decolonization, or a successful coup d'état or revolution on part of its former territory
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 11:41 AM

Your point about Switzerland is invalid. In addition (from t'web) A rump state is the remnant of a once much larger state, left with a reduced territory in the wake of secession, annexation, occupation, decolonization, or a successful coup d'état or revolution on part of its former territory
Haha Northern Ireland is hardly a rump state!

You just don't want to address the incongruence between your admiration for Swiss reliability and contractual integrity and your push for unstable revolutionary country- type spit on handshake deals. The two comfortably co exist in your self-affirming view of the world.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-06-2021, 11:50 AM

Haha Northern Ireland is hardly a rump state!

You just don't want to address the incongruence between your admiration for Swiss reliability and contractual integrity and your push for unstable revolutionary country- type spit on handshake deals. The two comfortably co exist in your self-affirming view of the world.
The part of Britain that until that POS Blair sold down the river was known for decades Ulster because it is Rump Ulster.

As for Switzerland, the situation that BREXIT has created is totally different from the issues that Switzerland works within.

Look, it's a dog eat dog world. Thinking otherwise and you're on a loser from the get go.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-06-2021, 01:35 PM

The part of Britain that until that POS Blair sold down the river was known for decades Ulster because it is Rump Ulster.

As for Switzerland, the situation that BREXIT has created is totally different from the issues that Switzerland works within.

Look, it's a dog eat dog world. Thinking otherwise and you're on a loser from the get go.
Well in international business if you as a country get a bad reputation for breaking trade agreements then your reputation as a good country to deal with goes down the pan so you end up kicking yourself in your own rump.

One of our major strengths is that we provide a safe trading environment with a good legal structure and safeguards for investors and traders. If you seriously don't understand why that is incredibly important to our future prosperity then I can't help you.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 01:58 PM

The G7 is a complete waste of time.

There are nine people present (why ?) and after flying in to Cornwall with their private jets they tell everyone else not to travel etc.

They are all clowns at the circus ... no masks inside, no social distancing and yet the UK is having the lockdown extended.

Cretins !
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-06-2021, 02:05 PM

Well in international business if you as a country get a bad reputation for breaking trade agreements then your reputation as a good country to deal with goes down the pan so you end up kicking yourself in your own rump.

One of our major strengths is that we provide a safe trading environment with a good legal structure and safeguards for investors and traders. If you seriously don't understand why that is incredibly important to our future prosperity then I can't help you.
Help me? LOL! Well I've managed fine well in a dog eat dog trading environment so far! Sticking to rules is fine for fools but who wants to be a fool?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-06-2021, 04:14 PM

Help me? LOL! Well I've managed fine well in a dog eat dog trading environment so far! Sticking to rules is fine for fools but who wants to be a fool?
Well for example someone who doesn't want to have a car crash will stick to the rules of the road. The same is the case with business. You can take short cuts or drive like a fool because it's "dog eat dog" but the other drivers will think you are an idiot and avoid you.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top