Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:54 PM

Can We Blame The HS2?

Whilst travelling in the car today, l saw a young Muntjac dead by the side of a road. Travelling slightly further on, l saw a small Badger dead by the side of the road.
Recently, l have seen in my garden, birds l had never seen here before.

Not far away, a wood has been destroyed by heavy machinery to make way for the HS2.

Did the developers never think of the wildlife when they took their natural habitat away?

I think it’s so sad and all for the sake of saving 15 minutes or so off a trip to London.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 08:07 PM

Re: Can We Blame The HS2?

There are badgers and foxes dead on the roads round here, too.
I expect that some are this year's youngsters, not used to the ways of traffic and the outside world yet.

As for HS2, its all about money as usual.
I agree with you entirely about them destroying so much of nature for such a pathetic reason.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:23 PM

HS2 should never have been started, they are destroying not just peoples homes, villages, but great areas of wild places including several SSSI's. As you said Artangel, just to shave about 20 minutes of a train journey. The government have a lot to answer for.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 08:49 AM

Developers never consider the environmental impact their profession has. It is all based on greed and back handers.

There is a beautiful old park near me, quintessentially English but I noticed yesterday that the diggers were in, churning up the ground and it looks as though there are foundations about to go in. This is also the grounds of the local Council (you know, those that care so much about the environment).

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top