Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 09:04 PM

Re: Roberts Rambles 14

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You're supposed to be looking at the scenery Harbal....
Then you shouldn't be giving us such a tantalising alternative, Foxy. You big tease.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well done Bob! 19 already is good considering all the cuts and scratches you must pick up on the way.

I hope you can find some easier ones next week 🤞
Thanks Mags, at least there were no nettle stings this week...
I might try a few in the peak district next week if the weather is suitable. It will involve more walking and climbing than the ones I done so far.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Then you shouldn't be giving us such a tantalising alternative, Foxy. You big tease.
Me, a tease Harbal..... Whatever are you suggesting...
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 12:28 AM

Another good descriptive, and another good set of pics my good man. I want to reassure you that I am most definitely more interested in the surrounding scenery that what may or may not be hidden by your "Freddie and the Dreamers".
(I'm sure you are old enough to work that one out).

Many of the Trig blocks seem to have a hole of some description near the bottom of them. Any idea what they are for?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 06:38 AM

I enjoy your adventures Foxy....some great pics
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Another good descriptive, and another good set of pics my good man. I want to reassure you that I am most definitely more interested in the surrounding scenery that what may or may not be hidden by your "Freddie and the Dreamers".

Many of the Trig blocks seem to have a hole of some description near the bottom of them. Any idea what they are for?
I've also wondered about that too, that may be one of four that are for drainage of some description. I did try and find out from various websites but none were specific as to what the hole was. No doubt OGF will know so we may know the answer soon.

In my trawling around various websites I found one where there was some interesting information, worth reading if anyone is interested. This is the organisation responsible for the very existence of these 'trig blocks' or 'trig pillars' as it seems they are known as:

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/new...he-trig-pillar
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I've also wondered about that too, that may be one of four that are for drainage of some description. I did try and find out from various websites but none were specific as to what the hole was. No doubt OGF will know so we may know the answer soon.

In my trawling around various websites I found one where there was some interesting information, worth reading if anyone is interested. This is the organisation responsible for the very existence of these 'trig blocks' or 'trig pillars' as it seems they are known as:

Thanks for the link. According to the drawing of a trig block, the holes seem to be sighting tubes, but how they are used I wouldn't know.
I never knew they were hollow, so drainage holes at the bottom of the centre pipe make sense to me, especially as they are sloping downwards.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-07-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->

Thanks Fruitcake, and yes I get the 'Freddie and the Dreamers' one of my favourite groups in the day...
I have seen mention of the holes on the site I visit, I shall investigate further because they do have a purpose....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-07-2021, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I enjoy your adventures Foxy....some great pics
Thanks Summer, I appreciate your interest, it makes it all worthwhile....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-07-2021, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->

That's fascinating Baz and super interesting...... Thanks for posting...
I also didn't know the pillars were hollow, so Fruitcake could be right about the drainage.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top