Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 09:44 PM

Re: Clean Your Own Car?

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
You’re allowed to wash your car at home in the driveway? Illegal here as all the tar and oil residue goes straight down the drain unfiltered.
What? That’s a drag. We clean ours in our driveway. It’s legal here. Thats kind of funny
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:15 PM

I also have a Karcher but wouldn't use it for washing the cars at home because that is not allowed.
I take my cars to a car wash once a year and might use a self-service washing bay in between if the cars are too dirty.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:24 PM

I also have a bucket and a sponge and have to bring full watering cans from the back garden. To clean the top of the car I open the side doors and stand on the sills.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I can't reach the middle of the roof of our car so, it's a monthly bath at the local Polish car wash for Brigitte.
I can't reach the middle of my car's roof either but there are these wonderful things called steps or even an upturned milk crate that make you taller. It is only a couple of times a year after all.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:30 PM

I used to clean my dad’s car. It was my chore. I loved every minute of it. Nowadays there’s a guy who comes round and he also cleans my car. He needs the money so I’m happy to help.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I can't reach the middle of my car's roof either but there are these wonderful things called steps or even an upturned milk crate that make you taller. It is only a couple of times a year after all.
Only a couple of times a year that you wash your car?
You must be related to my husband.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Only a couple of times a year that you wash your car?
You must be related to my husband.
In the past I have owned cars that I never cleaned at all. A dirty car is not something I worry about but I suppose I should say that I have lived in my house for over 40 years and I have never cleaned the windows in that time either. They are just unnecessary activities.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

06-07-2021, 08:36 PM

In the past I have owned cars that I never cleaned at all. A dirty car is not something I worry about but I suppose I should say that I have lived in my house for over 40 years and I have never cleaned the windows in that time either. They are just unnecessary activities.
What? 40 years in a house and never once cleaned the windows?
Now you’re scaring me.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 08:39 PM

Oh Bruce, I have to agree with Bratti....you should clean your windows. The difference will amaze you! So much LIGHT! Up and down on the inside, side to side on the outside....no streaks
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

06-07-2021, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
What? 40 years in a house and never once cleaned the windows?
Now you’re scaring me.
Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh Bruce, I have to agree with Bratti....you should clean your windows. The difference will amaze you! So much LIGHT! Up and down on the inside, side to side on the outside....no streaks
I'm with Quentin Crisp

He also said

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top