Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 03:30 PM

Kitchen Appliances

My upright freezer in the kitchen has been playing up for some time, and it looks like I am going to have to replace it.

There are so many makes and models and I wondered if anyone has any recommendations on reliable, trustworth makes, and those you wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Any thoughts would be apprreciated please.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 03:45 PM

Re: Kitchen Appliances

When we returned from Italy at the end of October 1997, V bought a self-defrosting Bosch fridge/freezer that's still going strong today. (Having just said that, it might just pack up tomorrow )
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 03:51 PM

I have a Beko fridge freezer, which was refurbished and cheap because of it. Its been going for 2 years now, no problems. It's self defrosting.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
When we returned from Italy at the end of October 1997, V bought a self-defrosting Bosch fridge/freezer that's still going strong today. (Having just said that, it might just pack up tomorrow )

That's interesting, because it was Bosch I've been looking at today Percy. Thank you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-07-2021, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have a Beko fridge freezer, which was refurbished and cheap because of it. Its been going for 2 years now, no problems. It's self defrosting.

Thanks Pixie.
Some of these appliances are so expensive, aren't they.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:17 PM

FWIW we have an American type fridge freezer. One with the cooler and ice timer in the door. I think we have had it for about 10 years. It's a Samsung. A big beast. No problems.
We also have a Hotpoint fridge freezer as part of the suite of appliances. Again, no problems. Other than one bulb failure.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:18 PM

This is not a recommendation, but an observation. I have a Hotpoint freezer in the workshop that used to be in a previous home. It was bought sometime during 1990 and is still working as efficiently as it did on day one after initial freeze-down.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-07-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
This is not a recommendation, but an observation. I have a Hotpoint freezer in the workshop that used to be in a previous home. It was bought sometime during 1990 and is still working as efficiently as it did on day one after initial freeze-down.

I did check Hotpoint LD, but I believe they were taken over by Indesit a few years ago.

Yours has certainly done extra well, which makes me wonder if the newer ones will ever do as well.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-07-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
FWIW we have an American type fridge freezer. One with the cooler and ice timer in the door. I think we have had it for about 10 years. It's a Samsung. A big beast. No problems.
We also have a Hotpoint fridge freezer as part of the suite of appliances. Again, no problems. Other than one bulb failure.

Thanks Besoeker.
I wouldn't want a huge American style freezer just for myself though. Good to know Samsung is doing you well though.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 05:55 PM

What’s the problem with your freezer mups..?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top