Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:29 PM

Countdown... With Anne Robinson..

Nick Hewer has left the show and Anne Robinson has stepped into his shoes as the presenter of Countdown.

Have you watched Countdown since her arrival? What did you think?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:58 PM

Re: Countdown... With Anne Robinson..

Don't have a TV - haven't seen Countdown since Richard Whitely presented it. Never heard of Nick Hewer - was he good?

Was it Ann Robinson who presented Weakest Link? If so I would imagine she would be good.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 06:46 AM

I've watched Countdown since it started in 1982, it was on at a later time in those very early days,
which worked better for me. Some episodes were not always regular viewing due to personal circumstances, although I did record them to watch later. Like a lot of programmes, the first and original programmes were the best I believe, although Nick Hewer I found more pleasant than Anne Robinson. When she was presenting The Weakest Link I didn't much like her in that, I find she has an acerbic attitude towards contestants which I didn't much like, nothing much changes there.

As for the others that make up the programme, Susie Dent, who has been on there almost for ever, Rachel Riley and those before her, all very clever people in their own specialities, they were not the subject of the OP so I will leave that there. Although Rachel Riley is rather … ?

For me though, attempting to get the answers mentally, both words and numbers that is, I find keeps 'the old grey matter' working reasonably well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I've watched Countdown since it started in 1982, it was on at a later time in those very early days,
which worked better for me. Some episodes were not always regular viewing due to personal circumstances, although I did record them to watch later. Like a lot of programmes, the first and original programmes were the best I believe, although Nick Hewer I found more pleasant than Anne Robinson. When she was presenting The Weakest Link I didn't much like her in that, I find she has an acerbic attitude towards contestants which I didn't much like, nothing much changes there.

As for the others that make up the programme, Susie Dent, who has been on there almost for ever, Rachel Riley and those before her, all very clever people in their own specialities, they were not the subject of the OP so I will leave that there. Although Rachel Riley is rather … ?

For me though, attempting to get the answers mentally, both words and numbers that is, I find keeps 'the old grey matter' working reasonably well.
I agree with you Baz (off topic or not)
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

07-07-2021, 03:15 PM

We used to get Missing Link on BBC World here and couldn't stand Anne Robinson. I've only seen Countdown a few times when I've been in England and as a languages teacher enjoyed the show. If Anne Robinson is anything like she was in Missing Link then I'm glad we can't see it
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->

Same here. We record this show every day to watch at teatime. I left a comment on the DE's article last week about AR taking over asking how long a contract did she sign. So far, I don't think she's doing a very good job at all, and C4 has shot itself in the foot with her appointment.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 12:29 AM

Anne is still doing her famous wink at the end of the show!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 03:35 AM

Robinson is an awful woman.She regarded Robert Maxwell as a hero.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Anne is still doing her famous wink at the end of the show!
With all the face-lifts she's had, I'm surprised she's capable of any form of natural expression!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 08:12 AM

This thread is making me laugh because Anne Robinson is the spitting image of my sister not only in looks but attitude mannerisms everything...I don't enter into debates with her...I have more sense

My sister is lovely by the way once you get to know her

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top