Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 05:03 PM

Re: Optometrist

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hi again Zuleiker, sorry, my fault, but apparently the info about cataracts needing to be 'ripe' before surgery can take place, has been surpassed now. See here:

" A cataract does not have to become “ripe” before it can be removed. In the past, the lens could not be extracted safely from the eye unless it was at a relatively advanced stage of development. With modern advances in cataract surgery, the lens can now be removed from the eye at any stage of development."

The thing that 'moves about' is not just a little 'floater' is it?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/floate...s-in-the-eyes/

Good luck with the second examination this week.
Thanks again Mups .
Not half an hour ago I rang the surgery to relate what the optician said . Have to wait until the 29th of this month for a call back from him .
The most worrying thing the optician said was he couldn’t improve my vision with new lenses but what do I know about that ? Nothing .
Must remember to write myself a memo in my diary to relate that to the doctor . I’ve never had reading glasses and don’t think I need them now . Have my iPad at arms length and can read the text perfectly ok .

The thing that moves about feels like a piece of grit .The optician said gritty feelings could be a symptom of “ dry eyes “
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 05:28 PM

Re: Optometrist

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Thanks again Mups .
Not half an hour ago I rang the surgery to relate what the optician said . Have to wait until the 29th of this month for a call back from him .
The most worrying thing the optician said was he couldn’t improve my vision with new lenses but what do I know about that ? Nothing .
Must remember to write myself a memo in my diary to relate that to the doctor . I’ve never had reading glasses and don’t think I need them now . Have my iPad at arms length and can read the text perfectly ok .

The thing that moves about feels like a piece of grit .The optician said gritty feelings could be a symptom of “ dry eyes “

I have 'dry eyes too'. I have dry eye drops on prescription, its very enough to use them, and the relief is instant.

Your optician should be able to tell if you have Dry Eye or not, and mine sells the drops too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top