Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 11:33 PM

Re: It's official, Covid is here

Same here, the Chemist at the end of my street and the local Coles and Woollies Supermarkets have been declared Close Contact places at a certain time in the last week.

They are all places I visit but fortunately not at those times otherwise I would be required to get tested immediately and isolate for 14 days.

I had to go to Coles for milk today so I went at 7am but there were very few people about (which is why I go then). I did all the right things, wearing a mask as soon as I entered the building and checking in using my ServiceNSW app. Then I scuttled home, I will be right for milk for the next 5 days.

Wollongong has barely had any cases until now but suddenly we are in the middle of it with more than 3 new infections in a week. This new delta strain is very infectious
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 11:41 PM

Can't remember Bruce. Have you been vaccinated?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 12:04 AM

All the best to you and your daughter mate. Hoping for the best outcome for you.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 12:08 AM

Cheers keezoy. I'll be sleeping in the log cabin at the end of our garden for a bit of added safety. Vaccinated or not, think that being overweight and a smoker puts me a bit more at risk than I might otherwise be.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Can't remember Bruce. Have you been vaccinated?
Yes, I have had two shots of the AstraZenica 12 weeks apart the second dose was over two weeks ago so I am supposed to be as well protected as I will ever be. That doesn't mean I can't catch Covid but the symptoms will be less severe (as I understand it).

There are charities and organisations that will do my shopping for me but I live a few hundred metres from a shopping mall and there are others more in need of their help than me.

I am reasonably fit for my age, a bad back is really my only (known) ailment.

The thing that really affects me in this lockdown is the isolation - two of my kids live in the ACT and they would have to go into a fortnight's isolation if they visited me, my youngest son is in Sydney and under the same lockdown restrictions as me so he can't visit either.

The clubs and pubs are shut and restaurants are take away only so it is not as if there is anywhere to go now.

Locally my friends are all in the same boat so unless we run into each other when exercising or shopping I rarely see anybody I know. However I do spend a ridiculous amount of time each day on my phone chatting to kids or friends or just checking up on people I know.

This latest outbreak has really driven home how serious this thing is, before that I think we had become a bit blasé about it.

Stay safe
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

22-07-2021, 01:12 AM

Thanks Bruce. Same best (safety) wishes to you.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 10:53 AM

Sorry to hear that Dex, I hope you can all stay clear of the virus and your daughters friend makes a good recovery. Testing times mate......
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

22-07-2021, 10:57 AM

Thanks OGF. At least this weather pretty much necessitates having all the doors and windows open, which should help a bit.

Edit - at least I hadn't got round to booking that hotel in North Wales and have to go through the rigmarole of trying to get deposit back or change dates.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 11:04 AM

Hi Dex it is scary when Covid gets close isn't it, a couple of members of my extended family have had it the latest being my neice, she is my sisters 15 yo grandaughter who has been quite poorly at home but is improving now.

Another is a young paramedic , she is half sister to my niece and was really ill right at the start, I think she got a high viral load in her job.

I hope your daughters friend gets better soon.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 11:16 AM

Sorry to hear this Dex - I really hope your daughter's friend gets through this safely and none of you get caught up in the web along the way.

"Opposite neighbours two year old daughter has it, she caught it from her nursery school. The whole family are isolating."

Oh Tiff that must be worrying for them, and poor little mite feeling ill during this heatwave . I hope she recovers soon.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top