Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 01:47 PM

Harry Kane is on a decent wage.

Footballer Harry Kane has signed a new contract with Man City which will pay him £400,000 per week (that's a million every 17 days) He is already estimated to be worth between £33M - £40M.

Not bad eh?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...spurs-24599546
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 02:10 PM

Re: Harry Kane is on a decent wage.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Footballer Harry Kane has signed a new contract with Man City which will pay him £400,000 per week (that's a million every 17 days). He is already estimated to be worth between £33M - £40M.

Not bad eh?

That's £21.47 MILLION A YEAR! – A sarcastic comment from me might be 'that compares well with £30,000 A YEAR the nurses are asking for, doesn't it'. Totally unbelievable!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
That's nearly £21.5 MILLION A YEAR – a sarcastic comment from me might be 'that compares well with £30,000 A YEAR the nurses are asking for, doesn't it'. Totally unbelievable!

Mental isn't it. I mean I can appreciate the effort that footballers put into their fitness but that is just mad.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Footballer Harry Kane has signed a new contract with Man City which will pay him £400,000 per week (that's a million every 17 days) He is already estimated to be worth between £33M - £40M.

Not bad eh?

Is that all?

What the hell do these people do, to be worth that sort of money? Football is out of control.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

24-07-2021, 03:36 PM

No problem with anyone at the high end of the scale. It's the lower end which concerns me.

People waking up each morning worried about the most basic needs - heating, power, etc., and even food and shelter.

It's disgraceful. So many hundreds of thousands of people, perhaps millions, actually worrying about how they're going to manage living on the streets!

The vast majority of people are not interested in earning vast amounts of money. What they want most of all is security, and our system refuses to let them have it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 03:39 PM

I don't agree with the mad money these footballers get...yet people who actually make a difference in the world get peanuts! Makes me so annoyed.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

24-07-2021, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I don't agree with the mad money these footballers get...yet people who actually make a difference in the world get peanuts! Makes me so annoyed.
Dead right, Pixie.

My older brother was a joiner. He was doing well until Norman Lamont got his hands on the economy. My brother wound up out of work for 18 months in the 1990s.

He was on and off the dole, scimping and scraping for work, but constantly being undercut by migrants brought in as cheap labour for labour-intensive businesses, especially the big corporates. There was no way to manage his mortgage and living expenses. Nearly all of his savings disappeared.

But at the same time he studied and became a Clerk of the Works. This was a lifesaver.

Over 20 years from retirement, he was wishing those years away so he could make it to retirement and at least feel secure on his pension.

The greed and downright gluttony of some people really disgusts me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 04:18 PM

Hi

What he gets is sod all compared to Tory Friends, like Dido Harding and Co.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What he gets is sod all compared to Tory Friends, like Dido Harding and Co.
What, you mean to say they get MORE THAN £21.47 MILLION A YEAR?
Things are even worse than I ever suspected then!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top