Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 08:26 PM

Hyperrealistic paintings

They are amazing but I don't quite see the point ....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...otographs.html
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 08:53 PM

Re: Hyperrealistic paintings

I think they are absolutely brilliant. How someone can paint something so realistic is beyond me. Real talent , as opposed to......

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 09:03 PM

I'm not sure, I went from wanting my paintings to look as much like photos as possible, not that I managed it, to more abstract work because I just didn't have it in me to paint "loosely".
I do like the more surreal ones, but the others may as well be photos.
Some artists can paint something that looks like a load of random brush strokes yet from a distance look fabulous, I like that sort of art better than perfect copies.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They are amazing but I don't quite see the point ....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...otographs.html
Then you don't quite see the point in photography.

Perhaps.

I love the first one ... an absolute beaut. But I do wonder how it was done. I wonder if it's directly based on a photo, I wonder if there's a photo in there somewhere.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 09:17 PM

I prefer a painting to look like a painting otherwise we could just enlarge a photo.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I prefer a painting to look like a painting otherwise we could just enlarge a photo.
I do know what you mean. Some paintings have so much depth and soul to them. Our minds tend to fill in the blanks but never the less, I do think they are incredible.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 10:45 PM

Different and they do something.
Not sure what Muddy.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 11:16 PM

I admire the skill but in many I don't see the point, why not just use the photo. This was my avatar on a forum, I didn't paint it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	sister ray.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	8176  
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I admire the skill but in many I don't see the point, why not just use the photo. This was my avatar on a forum, I didn't paint it.
Love that avatar.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top