Join for free
Page 44 of 56 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 09:16 AM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

I wonder if flu is as common in hot countries such as Spain, Greece and Cyprus
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've never read anything quite as ridiculous. How do you suppose flu existed before vaccines and before the existence of the dreaded "big pharma"?

It moves from host to host and most of the many strains move from animal to animal and then mutate to humans. It's a bit like asking how do bacteria survive. So yes you could eradicate flu if you stopped every living creature that carries it from communicating with other living creatures for the time it takes to get shot of the virus from their systems. Bear in mind that while it is fragile on surfaces, it lasts up to three weeks or more in a host. But nobody can do that.

But as a virus it is far more resilient outside hosts than many others. 24 hours is a long time. That's why people should always wash their hands when they touch surfaces that are on public transport or door handles in public places etc. Or at least not touch their face after touching other things.
Yes totally agree and it's not just one strain of flu as one dies another can take it's place. I actually wonder if everyone had the jab for a few years if we could eradicate it altogether but with anti vaxers that'll never happen like it did a few years ago with polio etc.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes totally agree and it's not just one strain of flu as one dies another can take it's place. I actually wonder if everyone had the jab for a few years if we could eradicate it altogether but with anti vaxers that'll never happen like it did a few years ago with polio etc.
On the basis that the vaccine 100% DOES NOT prevent people getting flu (proven research beyond doubt) then NO, giving everyone the vaccine would achieve nothing at all . . .

That's underpinned by the ONS statistics which clearly show that the number of deaths caused by Flu are RISING year on year, despite many people having the vaccine.

What your farcical suggestion would do though is ensure that a lot of older more vulnerable people would die as a result of having their immune systems weakened by the flu vaccine and subsequently getting ILIs and/or pneumonia.

You use the term "anti vaxers" with derision yet here you are, stubbornly ignoring the impartial research from 1000s of studies involving millions of people that shows categorically that the flu vaccines are useless snake oil.

Equally you ignore the presentation by the CDC Director instructing medical directors to engage in a false media Campaign Of Fear in order to boost demand for the vaccines.

This "thinking", imho, represents a clear and present danger to the rest of society. By refusing to accept the factual data and persisting in having the useless vaccine YOU and all those like you are putting the rest of us at risk because VACCINATED people are spreading flu around far more than un-vaccinated people as a separate study has initially found.

The vaccines clearly admit their "limitations" on their own package insert papers.

Here are the statements on the packet of the current FLUAD vaccine:

"Vaccination with FLUAD may not protect all vaccine recipients against influenza disease."

"FLUAD has not been evaluated for carcinogenic or mutagenic potential, or for impairment of male fertility in animals."

"There are no data to assess the concomitant administration of FLUAD with other vaccines"

"There are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women"

"The safety and effectiveness of FLUAD in the pediatric population have not been established."

In addition the insert paper provides the following stark warnings about the toxic cocktail of "nasties" in it and the adverse reactions you are likely to get from it:

The vaccine may contain residues of the following substances: kanamycin and neomycin sulphate, formaldehyde, cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (CTAB), barium sulphate and hydrocortisone

"A higher incidence of mild post-immunisation reactions has been reported with Fluad compared to non-adjuvanted influenza vaccines"

The list of possible adverse reactions cited is pretty horrific, some of them life-changing.

The clincher is the addition of the Adjuvant: MF59C.1.

MF59C.1 is connected with Gulf War Syndrome. People should Google it and do their own research.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Unfortunately due to the ability of the disease to mutate I can't see that happen. They are working on a universal vaccine somewhere that looks at it in a different way, if that is ever pulled off then we could be closer to eradicating this nasty bug.

It might help if there was a concerted effort worldwide to stop livestock being kept in appalling conditions and to stop humans from getting too close to farmed animals. People need to take sensible precautions when working with or coming across animals. Unfortunately the jump is usually is less developed countries where there is insufficient funding to prevent this.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Unfortunately due to the ability of the disease to mutate I can't see that happen. They are working on a universal vaccine somewhere that looks at it in a different way, if that is ever pulled off then we could be closer to eradicating this nasty bug.

It might help if there was a concerted effort worldwide to stop livestock being kept in appalling conditions and to stop humans from getting too close to farmed animals. People need to take sensible precautions when working with or coming across animals. Unfortunately the jump is usually is less developed countries where there is insufficient funding to prevent this.
That's interesting I hope they come up with something soon. And yes I agree about animals too.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 03:48 PM

It doesn't weaken the immune system according to this report
https://www.health.harvard.edu/disea...mmune-response
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
It doesn't weaken the immune system according to this report
https://www.health.harvard.edu/disea...mmune-response
Hi LQ. That's a paywall link unfortunately.

But regardless, the fact is that having the flu vaccine, indeed any vaccine, results in your body suddenly having to deal with the main vaccine active ingredient. In terms of the current flu vaccine that means the body is effectively forced into action to create antibodies. In short, the immune system is being fired into action, it's resources are being used.

While ever that is happening you are at GREATER RISK of getting other complications from the plethora of bugs and viruses all around us esp over the winter period and that of course includes the specific strains of FLU that are circulating and which your vaccine likely doesn't cater for.

It's ironic really. The (imho) unwise people get their Flu shots which cover say strains A, B and C and stretch their immune system forcing it to create antibodies for A, B and C, and then along come strains D and E which everyone around you is coughing and sneezing with and suddenly you find yourself infected with Flu at a time when your immune system is already being artificially stretched.

It doesn't take a genius to understand the utter lunacy of that whole situation.

You would be far far better imho NOT HAVING the vaccine and instead concentrating on STRENGTHENING your immune system rather than weakening it so that whatever strain of Flu comes along, your body is well set to deal with it.

That's just my personal view gained from studying the available evidence and research.

Doing so would prevent you becoming a more serious spreader of the flu to other people and would give you the BEST chance of combatting flu should you contract it.

So, rather than have any flu vaccine, just eat lots of immune boosting foods fruits, vegetables and minerals and vitamins and make a point of NOT EATING those foods which are known to weaken your immune system and not engaging in other unhealthy activities.

It's simple really !
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 05:00 PM

Oh Gawd!...make it stop puleeze...My temperature rises every time I look at this thread..ok..I know...stop lookin' You silly Woman
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh Gawd!...make it stop puleeze...My temperature rises every time I look at this thread..ok..I know...stop lookin' You silly Woman

It'll soon catch up with Azz's thread, May.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Hi LQ. That's a paywall link unfortunately.
!

is this the study?

https://academic.oup.com/jid/article...1-689ccbd15434

Page 44 of 56 « First < 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top