Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 07:11 PM

Which Broadband

Hi All

I am thinking of changing my broadband provider from Talk Talk as it costs £20 a month just for broadband whereas it appears much cheaper to subscribe to Broadband and 'phone. Not really interested in sky TV as to be honest most of it looks rubbish. Any recommendations which I go for, i.e. Sky, virgin, BT? or any others of course. Many thanks.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 09:24 PM

Re: Which Broadband

Hi Buttercup. I'm with TalkTalk and have a good package with them for £24.88 per month. This includes telephone line rental, all telephone calls 24hrs day, broadband and all my telephone calls to Germany. Only calls I pay for are those to a mobile phone-don't make many of these because of cost! Have received my bill from them today and it was £27.38. Can't comment on any other providers as I've been with TalkTalk for long time now.

Maybe worth contacting them to see what they can offer you.....
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 09:48 PM

I try this site whenever I am looking for a deal on anything.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Here is a starting point;
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/?tab=13&dd
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 09:12 AM

We are currently with AOL and pay £6.99 for unlimited broadband and telephone calls (but not line rental). I think AOL is the same company as Talk Talk, so if I were you Buttercup I would contact them and see if there is anything better they can do. AOl is not perfect, but they sent me a free router when I wanted to go wireless.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 10:14 AM

Buttercup, I would definately have a good look at BT Infinity. They have several deals on at the moment and Infinity is a lot faster than their normal broadband.
I have registered to get it as soon as it reaches the outback where I am and I know my son is getting it, he lives in Swindon.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 10:45 AM

On Talktalk and I have just renewed my contract for the next 2 years.

I get a fast BB service line rental and free calls all included for just under £20 a month.

Most important thing is as a Poker player I very rarely lose connection which I believe is a curse with other BB providers
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 02:30 PM

Sky give you free broadband with some of their packages - well worth checking out. I would also look at virgin too
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 02:34 PM

With Virgin Media, please check that you are in a cabled area.

Try this; http://shop.virginmedia.com/home.htm..._HP_topnav_1_1

BT normal land line uses coaxial cable. Copper cable.
BT infinity and Virgin use fibre optic. A lot quicker.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 06:24 PM

Thanks for all your replies. Will probably stay with Talk Talk as have spoken to them today and got the same deal you have Merz with next three months at half price. The broadband connection with Talk Talk is very reliable and staying with the same provider is probably less hassle and I am all for that. Again, many thanks for all your replies.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
Thanks for all your replies. Will probably stay with Talk Talk as have spoken to them today and got the same deal you have Merz with next three months at half price. The broadband connection with Talk Talk is very reliable and staying with the same provider is probably less hassle and I am all for that. Again, many thanks for all your replies.
Glad you're sorted Buttercup-that's a good deal as well, 3 months half-price

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top