Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 04:37 PM

Re: Chrome update

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I've just:

• Bookmarked the Bookmarks tab
  • Used Bookmarks Manager to move the new bookmark to the top
  • "Bookmarks" is now in the Bookmarks bar
Oh yes, I have 'Bookmarks' in the Bookmarks bar, along with others such as 'Frequent Use' and 'Other Bookmarks'.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 04:38 PM

You need to select Control/Bookmarks/Show Bookmarks Bar
Yes, I have opened the bookmark bar, but still no double arrow.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I have opened the bookmark bar, but still no double arrow.
How many bookmarks in the bookmark bar?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-08-2018, 05:19 PM

How many bookmarks in the bookmark bar?
Frequent use *
Tradesmen *
Bookmarks
restart
and at the other end:
Other Bookmarks *

These * are folders that I have created.

Actually, I have just deleted 'restart' as I don't need it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 05:29 PM

Frequent use *
Tradesmen *
Bookmarks
restart
and at the other end:
Other Bookmarks *

These * are folders that I have created.

Actually, I have just deleted 'restart' as I don't need it.
I think that you don't have >> because you don't have additional bookmarks - I have 12+.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-08-2018, 05:36 PM

I think that you don't have >> because you don't have additional bookmarks - I have 12+.
I think I understand.

So you have bookmarks in a row on the bookmarks bar, whereas I have bookmarks in a list. I assume!

I have so many bookmarks, I'm afraid they won't all fit on the bookmarks bar, at least individually.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

10-08-2018, 05:41 PM

I think I understand.

So you have bookmarks in a row on the bookmarks bar, whereas I have bookmarks in a list. I assume!

I have so many bookmarks, I'm afraid they won't all fit on the bookmarks bar, at least individually.
When they won't fit on the bar, that's when you get the >> and a list on the right-hand side.

Use the start button to add a few sites and see what happens - you can always delete them later .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-08-2018, 07:21 PM

When they won't fit on the bar, that's when you get the >> and a list on the right-hand side.

Use the start button to add a few sites and see what happens - you can always delete them later .....
Ah, I see. Thanks.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

10-08-2018, 07:24 PM

Ah, I see. Thanks.
Sorry, "start" should be "star" .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-08-2018, 09:26 PM

Well, I've been using the different options for some time now for comparison, and I think the best thing to do is to use the Bookmarks Bar. I suppose you could say that I've got used to it now!

The only drawback really is that you can't increase the text size and since my cataract op. and my glasses no longer being suitable for my left eye, it's a little difficult to read. Perhaps when I've had my follow-up at the eye hospital, and get a new lens, things might be better.

One other thing is that the Chrome people have answered my e-mail request and provided a relatively easy method to roll back Chrome to a previous version; much simpler than the methods I have found online. If I still find it difficult, then, I can think about going down that route.

Anyway, I'd like to thank you for your interest and helpful suggestions.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top