Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 08:55 PM

Nearly Back in Hospital

I nearly ended up in Hospital again today,just came home last Sat.Have felt very S.O,B today,tried the usual methods,increase inhalers,breathing slow etc.So just before 5pm I rand my G.P & asked for home visit, receptionist told me to ring for ambulance,but I told her Hospital told me to ring G.P, she then spoke to my son ,who said Hospital wanted me to have rescue pack,anti B & steroids ,after a discussion [ obviously with Dr ]it was decided a DR would come in.hat a nice DR, agreed that I did not want to go to Hosp.,said I was very wheezy& prescribed steroids,explained I have C.O.P.D,which gets worse as we grow older,but for now can be controlled.IF worse in the night ring for ambulance,but I dont want to do that,had enough of Hospitals
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 10:31 PM

Re: Nearly Back in Hospital

Deylon, I hope you’re ok but you seem to battle on and survive against all the odds!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 12:27 AM

Battle on keep positive.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 02:34 PM

Hi Deylon

COPD is a bummer no getting around it. My FIL suffered from it, having been down the coal mines in his earlier life. Respiratory distress is extremely unpleasant as I found out when I got Whooping Cough a few years ago when there was an national epidemic of it being kept under wraps.

There's a good resource here which has lot of recommendations. Plenty of Vitamins, Antioxidants and the various herbs and foods you can select which will greatly help.

https://lunginstitute.com/blog/best-...eatments-copd/

Get as many of those foods in your meals as possible. I recommend you stay away from Vitamin tablets and capsules as far as possible and take your vitamins from REAL products of Nature. So lemons, oranges, grapefruits for Vitamin C and so on. The article explains it all.

Obviously you need to be clear what you can and can not eat according to your conditions and any medications you are on.
Grapefruits for example are unsuitable for people on Statins.

The route to recovery or to making life as good quality as possible, is, in my personal opinion, to migrate away from medical pills and potions and instead towards Nature. This doesn't mean you just cease any meds you are on obviously. It means eating the right things, in the right concentrations and having yourself checked out to see if your are improving in specific areas which may then allow certain meds to be reduced and ultimately removed.

That's something you need to achieve with your GP's involvement and will likely be implemented as a reduction in dosage of a given set of pills until they are not needed at all. In some cases you may not be able to remove some of the meds, it just depends on your conditions.

Discuss it with your doc. Ask him/her what pills, if any, can potentially be reduced and ultimately removed IF you are able to eat/drink the right foods, herbs and spices. Ask how he/she would potentially measure and monitor your progress in that respect and maybe agree a plan with milestones as to how you can achieve that overall goal.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 09:07 PM

Hi Realist ,you sound just like my friend,she is always nagging me to eat this/that,but it is difficult to do when you have no appetite & dont feel like eating. I am not able to talk to my G.P because I never see the same 1 twice,It is impossible to see my own named G.P she is very popular & busy,booked for months ahead,I have several different health conditions,each treated individually,but no overall care,or one person to turn to for advice.I.E Today a disrict nurse should have come to dress my Melanoma, which broke open in Hospital, but when I rang to find out if they were coming I was told Tomorrow,I said the dressing had come off & the wound still weeping & was told my message would be passed on,nothing happened untill a few mins. ago,then I got a phone call from D.N to ask if I wanted them to call tonight ,I said its up to them ,I have put the old dressing back on with a piece of micro tape over,They decided they will come later,Its 9.10 pm now so I hope they will be here soon
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 03:31 PM

Wishing you the best, Deylon.

It sounds as though you need one central person to see who is aware of all your ailments. I'm fortunate in that I always see the same G.P. Without that, there would be no point in seeing a different G.P. as he/she wouldn't really know me and would just be going off my files. Perhaps you can ask for just one doctor.

Hope you have a better weekend.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top