Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 11:48 PM

Re: Home made dog biscuits

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I guess Gracie liked the ones we brought down to you. Marilyn makes them for all the dogs around this area and for Christmas. They are all natural as well.....

Yes Blue...Gracie absolutely enjoyed Marilyn's gifts to her......she managed to gobble them up PDQ...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 09:38 AM

I'm printing out all these recipes thank you all, I can see my two thanking you for a while too !

Vegan dogs, we used to have a vegetarian boy, he hated meat wouldn't eat it no matter what we did.

Ours have a high proportion of fruit and vegetables in their diets and love it but I still give them meat too as they like that too.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm printing out all these recipes thank you all, I can see my two thanking you for a while too !

Vegan dogs, we used to have a vegetarian boy, he hated meat wouldn't eat it no matter what we did.

Ours have a high proportion of fruit and vegetables in their diets and love it but I still give them meat too as they like that too.
My husband gets a real kick out of the fact that I’m making our dogs vegan treats
I’m mainly trying to avoid dairy but I like the fact that these treats are packed with nutrition and are low on the glycemic scale. We lost one of our girls a few years ago due to diabetes .

We had no idea that the treats we were giving her were spiking up her blood sugar but they were. She went completely blind and I had to give her two insulin shots a day and occasionally she had epileptic seizures so at times it was heart breaking.

Now I take my dogs diets VERY seriously which is why your sweet potato biscuits caught my eye so thanks for the great idea. Plus it gave me a better idea which members are into holistic nutrition. These were so much fun to make but I think next time I’ll add more sweet potato.

Thanks again Julie. Great thread
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:52 PM

No problem bratti, we became aware of the sugar when just one biscuit a day suddenly meant our littlest put on too much weight, I was shocked when I actually checked her diet as I thought I was keeping her healthy. Now at least I know exactly what goes into treats so her weight is pretty much perfect.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No problem bratti, we became aware of the sugar when just one biscuit a day suddenly meant our littlest put on too much weight, I was shocked when I actually checked her diet as I thought I was keeping her healthy. Now at least I know exactly what goes into treats so her weight is pretty much perfect.
Yes good point. Our girls weights are much better also
Good point

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top