Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:52 AM

Re: Cruelty to Blackpool Donkeys

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Trouble is with these short bans Tess, is I am not convinced it is ever followed up. Are these people checked on unnannounced?

Where I used to live, I knew the dog warden. We both had a weakness for GSD's.
She told me of a dog she confiscated from a man who beat the dog if it stepped out it's bed. It was only allowed out to toilet.

This wretched animal's bed was flea infested. The dog was made to sit in it and put up with being bitten to death.

While this man was still banned for however long, the warden found out he had another dog. He got round it by saying it was his wife's dog. The ban only applied to him!!

Another case I heard of quite recently was a pervert who was sexually abusing mares!
He was also banned, but all the horsey people know full well he is keeping mares again, and they have reported him.

He has still got them though.
I dread to think what he does to them.
Yes, that's the sad reality. There are such people about. It's beyond my comprehension to imagine what they get out of it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes, that's the sad reality. There are such people about. It's beyond my comprehension to imagine what they get out of it.

But are these bans ever checked up on Bes?
I would like to know how they are monitored.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:07 AM

But are these bans ever checked up on Bes?
I would like to know how they are monitored.
Good point. I don't know. A while back, two young lads recovered a dog from the back garden of a house where it was being abused. Late at night but my dear wife and a neighbour went there, fed it, and called the RSPCA. As far as I know, it went to a good home.

Recently, there has been a dog in a parlous state at a shopping square not very far from us. But it has the owner with it. A druggie. The RSPCA, the local dog warden, the police, and the rescue centre have all said they can't get involved.

Makes you feel helpless.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Good point. I don't know. A while back, two young lads recovered a dog from the back garden of a house where it was being abused. Late at night but my dear wife and a neighbour went there, fed it, and called the RSPCA. As far as I know, it went to a good home.

Recently, there has been a dog in a parlous state at a shopping square not very far from us. But it has the owner with it. A druggie. The RSPCA, the local dog warden, the police, and the rescue centre have all said they can't get involved.

Makes you feel helpless.

Disgusting.
Why can't they get involved?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 02:12 PM

Disgusting.
Why can't they get involved?
I’m with you on that one, Mups. If it’s the law, then the law needs updating/changing. There is no excuse for any of that behaviour.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 03:27 PM

Terrible, and a seriously weak sentence delivered although I'm quite sure local people will know who these offenders are and in if necessary, report them in the future for similar offences against animals.

I thought council had a duty to inspect conditions and treatment of these working animals or listen to those who do inspect .
England and Wales introduced the Animal Welfare Act of 2006

It would seem , someone has not done their job properly, and /or been duped.
Was it Cumbria that had a zoo closed a couple of years ago, after the findings of emaciated and dead animals, but the council continued to issue a licence ? The Council didn't listen to those reports , it's all money into the tourist industry that they don't want to lose ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Terrible, and a seriously weak sentence delivered although I'm quite sure local people will know who these offenders are and in if necessary, report them in the future for similar offences against animals.

I thought council had a duty to inspect conditions and treatment of these working animals or listen to those who do inspect .
England and Wales introduced the Animal Welfare Act of 2006

It would seem , someone has not done their job properly, and /or been duped.
Was it Cumbria that had a zoo closed a couple of years ago, after the findings of emaciated and dead animals, but the council continued to issue a licence ? The Council didn't listen to those reports , it's all money into the tourist industry that they don't want to lose ?
Councils couldn't give a toss about anything other than their extended lunches.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top