Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 10:04 PM

Re: Second referendum 😱

Originally Posted by Realist ->
We are NOT having a second referendum Bread

True but if we did then we should level the playing field and allow the Brexiteers to set the questions

It's only fair ... after all we won.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 07:36 PM

Pat Condell says it all really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh11RYjheUY
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The ballot paper didn't say Win or Lose...............

It said Leave or Stay...........

I voted Leave, Leave won...............

Why do you always promote the Establishment line, swims?
Hi

I don't.

I am simply fed up with our Government not preparing properly.

The devil is in the detail.

The ballot paper did not say leave but do nothing about it.

We were already changing our WTO System, the one we have is not fit for purpose.

The existing one is Fujitsu, the new one is IBM.

It is both a hardware and software platform change.

The specs are pre Referendum, it needs increased capacity.

Not only has our Government not accelerated it ready for Brexit, they underfunded it by £70 million last year.

With 100 days to go, they have released the funding, mad rush, contracted staff are short and the rate has shot up from £320 a day to £760 a day.

They have not even released the software to developers to link existing systems to the new system.

They are in a mad panic and for a Government which is supposed to be business friendly, they have put our exporters at a great disadvantage.

People voted to leave, they did not vote for crass stupidity by the Government.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Pat Condell says it all really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh11RYjheUY
This speech is presumably titled: My fight!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

01-01-2019, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
This speech is presumably titled: My fight!

No....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No....
Sorry, language mix up. Thought I heard someone recite from mein kampf.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I don't.

I am simply fed up with our Government not preparing properly.

The devil is in the detail.

The ballot paper did not say leave but do nothing about it.

We were already changing our WTO System, the one we have is not fit for purpose.

The existing one is Fujitsu, the new one is IBM.

It is both a hardware and software platform change.

The specs are pre Referendum, it needs increased capacity.

Not only has our Government not accelerated it ready for Brexit, they underfunded it by £70 million last year.

With 100 days to go, they have released the funding, mad rush, contracted staff are short and the rate has shot up from £320 a day to £760 a day.

They have not even released the software to developers to link existing systems to the new system.

They are in a mad panic and for a Government which is supposed to be business friendly, they have put our exporters at a great disadvantage.

People voted to leave, they did not vote for crass stupidity by the Government.
The problem lies in the binary question which was formulated by the electoral commission in tone with the Government white paper on Referendums. That white paper made clear that referendums were only advisory but that the government should take into consideration the result of that referendum.

The government did not then consider anything, no impact assessment, no clear consensus of how soft or hard a brexit the country wanted. They just ratified the referendum in s parliamentary vote and triggered Article 50

So, the mandate was to leave the EU. There was no mention of any trade agreements, no mention of Norway, Canada or any other options in fact nothing but just leave. Article 50 provides some guidance but is clear that no trade deals can be made until we are a 3rd party

We have been consistently assured that those who voted to leave knew exactly what that meant and were fully aware of all ramifications which one would presume included our readiness to trade under WTO rules although to be fair, I do seem to remember the unofficial vote leave campaign website stating that WTO was a poisoned chalice due to red tape and non tariff barriers causing delays and disruption. anyhow that no longer seems to be a concern to most leave voters on this forum

To return to your closing statement, yes leave voters did vote for crass stupidity as it was certainly evident at the time of the vote that no preparations or plan were in place for a leave result and the timescales of the Article 50 process would never be time enough for vast undertaking needed

To add to the above there was a widespread clamour from those who voted leave for the government to get on with undertaking the “will of the people” and they diid.... sort of. Three arch Brexiteers were appointed to undertake thee easiest negotiations and deals of all time and what did they do... absolutely nothing but there was the mantra “no deal is better than a bad deal”. But the vote was only to leave, nothing about a deal let alone what type of deal. One of the three Brexiteers was in charge of international trade go should have been aware of the IT issues you refer to which may explain his U turn in supporting Mays “bad deal”

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top