Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:53 PM

Re: ECJ liberates UK from brexit dilemma

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Why not accept that most of you would like to remain safe and cosy in the EU?
I see the EU stooges are working hard again to spread the "stay in the EU " mantra.

The EU really are petrified of us leaving and that's understandable.

Nevertheless the truth is that the MAJORITY voted to Leave so leave we must unless we are to abandon totally our democratic process.

The more of this EU propaganda drivel I hear spouted on a daily basis on forums and social media the more it convinces me we absolutely MUST GET OUT asap !

NO DEAL all the way for me. Just get it done already.

Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Well said!!
You have to hand it to May, she is the best strategist the UK presently has.
She delivered on the referendum: there is a negotiated deal, to be ratified by the house of commons.
The no deal brexit has disappeared over the horizon, nobody dares to take the country over this precipice.
At the start of the debate the legal advice is forcifully published. The contents has enormous impact on the citizens, both remainers and brexiters.
At the same time the ECJ reveals that the article 50 procedure can be stopped by the UK, if they so wish.
I love it when a plan comes together!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 08:36 AM

The dutch approach on that issue is similar as we do in our household. Less income equals lower expenditure. Simple.

Losing you from the EU would be like missing the gravy from a meal. Just look at the spicy discussions on this forum. That is from my personal perspective. From my less personal view, I have no political burden, so I am free to look at the bare facts of brexit. First your politicians have lied (perhaps unknowingly) about the ease of leaving and the results of being out. Secondly a lot of you voted for an england of the past. A past, and an england, that will never return. Future moves forward, never backwards. You should know from your live experience.
Oh I see! First let me explain that the majority of leave voters never wanted to be part of the EU in the first place, so that is why we voted to leave.
If you really think that we listened to what any politician said, about leaving, you are wrong. Why would we listen to a bunch of people, who just want to feather their own nest by remaining, and are desperately trying to find any possible way of reversing the vote.

You are right, England will never again be as great as it was, because in those days we had strong governments that were more interested in how well the country fared, rather than which party the next election would vote in. They win votes by making false promises, that are never fulfilled....so we all know they are liars......just like the leaders of the EU!

Thank you for confirming my beliefs though, that the EU don't want us to leave because our financial input helps them encourage more members, from less lucrative countries, to join.

If our democratic vote is ignored, and we don't leave, I hope I don't live long enough to see the problems that a United Europe creates.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

If our democratic vote is ignored, and we don't leave, I hope I don't live long enough to see the problems that a United Europe creates.
It makes me wonder if this could be the reason for the EU's quest for an EU army!! Perhaps not so much for wars but to control EU unrest that is inevitably coming their way.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
It makes me wonder if this could be the reason for the EU's quest for an EU army!! Perhaps not so much for wars but to control EU unrest that is inevitably coming their way.
Exactly, when Jordan and his friends heard these plans he said he wasn't willing to take arms against countries wanting to leave the EU he saw exactly what that army would be asked to do.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 11:07 AM

The dutch approach on that issue is similar as we do in our household. Less income equals lower expenditure. Simple.

Losing you from the EU would be like missing the gravy from a meal. Just look at the spicy discussions on this forum. That is from my personal perspective. From my less personal view, I have no political burden, so I am free to look at the bare facts of brexit. First your politicians have lied (perhaps unknowingly) about the ease of leaving and the results of being out. Secondly a lot of you voted for an england of the past. A past, and an england, that will never return. Future moves forward, never backwards. You should know from your live experience.
Are you sure your not Scottish? Can we adopt you as one of us? Sure there must be a Scottish granny in there somewhere. You’re welcome here anytime. 🤗🇪🇺
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Oh I see! First let me explain that the majority of leave voters never wanted to be part of the EU in the first place, so that is why we voted to leave.
If you really think that we listened to what any politician said, about leaving, you are wrong. Why would we listen to a bunch of people, who just want to feather their own nest by remaining, and are desperately trying to find any possible way of reversing the vote.

You are right, England will never again be as great as it was, because in those days we had strong governments that were more interested in how well the country fared, rather than which party the next election would vote in. They win votes by making false promises, that are never fulfilled....so we all know they are liars......just like the leaders of the EU!

Thank you for confirming my beliefs though, that the EU don't want us to leave because our financial input helps them encourage more members, from less lucrative countries, to join.

That's exactly how I feel.

What I don't really understand is why the Franco-German alliance wishes to expand its territories to include the poorest countries of Europe.

Their finances are, after all, being spent on improving such things as the infrastructure of those poorer countries. If you have driven in European countries, you will have noticed how their roads seem to be in far better repair than our own!

Germany has been a much richer country than any other European country, including our own, for a long time. They have achieved this by working hard and, more importantly, working together for the common good; something that we seem quite incapable of doing!

Why should Germany want to spread its wealth amongst a collection of much poorer countries? What do they get out of it? If they remained a single, very successful country, they would become even richer and more influential.

Perhaps that's the answer: they want to feel influential and even superior to the rest of the continent, including their lap dog, France.

I think we've seen that sort of thing before!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 12:21 PM

NO DEAL is the only way forward

IT WON'T END IN DISASTER

That's just Project Fear/Project Hysteria trying it's desperate best to put us off.

We must get out while we have a chance

Understand people, we will NEVER EVER get another chance to leave the EU if we do not see it through this time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's exactly how I feel.

What I don't really understand is why the Franco-German alliance wishes to expand its territories to include the poorest countries of Europe.

Their finances are, after all, being spent on improving such things as the infrastructure of those poorer countries. If you have driven in European countries, you will have noticed how their roads seem to be in far better repair than our own!

Germany has been a much richer country than any other European country, including our own, for a long time. They have achieved this by working hard and, more importantly, working together for the common good; something that we seem quite incapable of doing!

Why should Germany want to spread its wealth amongst a collection of much poorer countries? What do they get out of it? If they remained a single, very successful country, they would become even richer and more influential.

Perhaps that's the answer: they want to feel influential and even superior to the rest of the continent, including their lap dog, France.

I think we've seen that sort of thing before!
Hi

What Germany is doing makes an awful lot of sense if you take a long term view.

Thet are developing the econies of Eastern Europe so that they have bigger, more affluent economies which in turn provides a bigger Export market for Germany within a few hours distance.

Our bunch of idiots no not think past the next Election.

In the decades I was working I have seen untold £Billions wasted when Labour won from the Tories and vice versa.

There is no long term planning at all.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What Germany is doing makes an awful lot of sense if you take a long term view.

Thet are developing the econies of Eastern Europe so that they have bigger, more affluent economies which in turn provides a bigger Export market for Germany within a few hours distance.

Our bunch of idiots no not think past the next Election.

In the decades I was working I have seen untold £Billions wasted when Labour won from the Tories and vice versa.

There is no long term planning at all.
I often wonder how many people voted to leave, as a protest against our governments who failed to listen to what the people wanted.
It was one of the reasons that I voted to leave, because I felt that politicians were not fighting hard enough in EU decisions and keeping their fingers crossed that remaining would create more income for them to waste on stupid ideas!

Aren't many politicians attempting to destroy a democratic vote, not just because they voted differently but because they want to force another general election at a time when we should all be working to achieve the best outcome for the country & democracy?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top