Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 12:51 AM

Stolen Body Parts

I don't if anone else saw a terrible story in the papers at the weekend about a lady who's daughter, aged 41, was travelling in Central America when she became very ill from complications of her Diabetes.

She was taken to a hospital, but sadly died.
Apparently even a local ' law official ' described this hospital as a "very bad facility", and said that about 90% of patients taken there die.

When this lady's body was eventually flown home, her mother was horrified to discover after a scan, that all her daughter's internal organs had been removed, including her heart, brain - and even her eyes!!

The article said that Mexico is plagued by corrupt doctors and criminal gangs taking organs to combat a huge donor shortage and long waiting lists.
It has a booming illegal organ trafficking trade, with claims of people being kidnapped and murdered just to remove body parts.

I can't imagine the horror of the parents. It is tragic enough to lose a loved one, let alone have them returned to you like this.

To add insult to injury, the hospital are demanding £1,600 from the family towards "treatment."

I can hardly imagine a worse scenario.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 04:09 AM

Re: Stolen Body Parts

That’s disgusting! Humans never cease to surprise me how low they can go.
It’s seriously dispectable.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 07:21 AM

Hardly new, Burke and Hare were at it in the 1820's.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 11:10 AM

It's been around for a long time, the interweb is full of this stuff with some surprises if you dig deep.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 11:16 AM

One of our babies who died at birth was found by the funeral home to have had his eyes removed. We never did get to the bottom of it despite years of investigations by the hospital.
I can't explain how that feels. We are in their hands and reliant on them being kind and respectful to us after death. Sadly not everyone meets those criteria IMO
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 02:46 PM

What a horrible story. Sounds like the film 'Coma'.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
One of our babies who died at birth was found by the funeral home to have had his eyes removed. We never did get to the bottom of it despite years of investigations by the hospital.
I can't explain how that feels. We are in their hands and reliant on them being kind and respectful to us after death. Sadly not everyone meets those criteria IMO
That is the saddest thing i have ever read on the forum. I am so terribly sorry for what made a devastating loss even more unbearable. Peace to you, Julie.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 05:52 AM

I read about this case the other day I have to admit it left me confused. It was reported that her death was due to complications with diabetes but I'm wondering if it could have been more sinister. Her family said she seemed fit and well and in photographs she certainly looked well.

We will never know.

Julie I'm so sorry about your experience that's so sad.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top