Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 10:57 AM

Re: The Assassination Letter (Vote of no confidence for May)

It needs a tough guy to deal with those goons in Brussels, not necessarily a good PM, but we can sort that out later.....I'm thinking like 'Churchill'.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Whoever the scumbag 'nasty party' choose to replace the evil witch will be far worse - which means, come the next general election, will see Jeremy in #!0 and the scumbag 'nasty party unelectable for the twenty years at least!!!
Perhaps Joe, but at least we might get a good deal with the EU..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Whoever the scumbag 'nasty party' choose to replace the evil witch will be far worse - which means, come the next general election, will see Jeremy in #!0 and the scumbag 'nasty party unelectable for the twenty years at least!!!
However much this hurts me Joe I can only say that I can only agree with you, it seems our ridiculous MPs have finally pressed the self destruct button!
The only part of your post that I will disagree with, however, is that it won't take twenty years for Corbyn to destroy the country, he will probably manage it within five...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 11:49 AM

I think if the vote of confidence in May had been a couple of weeks ago she might have won but after the fiasco of the cancelled vote and getting yet another snub from the EU I am not so sure she will survive.

We do need some kind of action to get us out of the stalemate situation we appear to have reached. I hope if May is voted out we get someone who is a genuine leave voter and can sort out the mess.
We need someone who will ditch Mays awful advisor Oliver Robbins a remainer too close to the EU.

If May stays we will be back in the stalemate situation, she has made it clear she won't budge an inch and it seems the EU won't either.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-12-2018, 11:56 AM

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 12:29 PM

Hi

As usual, the devil is in the detail, in this instance, the timescale.

If she is ousted then according to those in the Tory Party it will be the end of January before we get a new PM.

That does not give enough time to get back to the EU and renegotiate a deal.

That gives 3 options.

Leave with No Deal

Revoke Article 50 and start again.

Ask the EU very nicely if they could possibly extend the timescale.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think if the vote of confidence in May had been a couple of weeks ago she might have won but after the fiasco of the cancelled vote and getting yet another snub from the EU I am not so sure she will survive.

We do need some kind of action to get us out of the stalemate situation we appear to have reached. I hope if May is voted out we get someone who is a genuine leave voter and can sort out the mess.
We need someone who will ditch Mays awful advisor Oliver Robbins a remainer too close to the EU.

If May stays we will be back in the stalemate situation, she has made it clear she won't budge an inch and it seems the EU won't either.
Anything that gets us closer to rescinding Article 50 is fine by me.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Anything that gets us closer to rescinding Article 50 is fine by me.

Yes, I think so too. Can't see any other practical thing to do. It has all become such a mess. Until we straighten our own house out and develop a meaningful plan, all we are doing is driving ourselves further into the mire.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

One lever she hasn't used is what we owe the EU. She could have easily said have it our way or no payment, one of the best bargaining chips she hold ,and not used it
Get real! The amount of €19 billion is small change on the yearly (!) Budget of 117,5 billion. 19 is due for membership fees 2016-19, the other half is for the transition period.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ishe won't budge an inch and it seems the EU won't either.
The best available is on the table. Take it or leave. That is what Mark Rutte and Merkel told May yesterday. In brussels she was told the same.

Suppose May wins todays vote, she in untouchable for a year. It strenghens her position.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top