Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 08:38 AM

Re: Unruly dogs

What sort of dogs are they MC?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 08:52 AM

They are supposed to be Northumberland terriers but I think they saw my daughter coming as I think they must of cost about £900 for the two. They were also supposed to be siblings and will be two years old this month. I think Peaches looks more like a chihuahua yorkie cross. Diego is like a long haired yorkie but with platinum blond long soft hair.
As I said they saw Charlotte coming.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 08:58 AM

They sound like bright little dogs MC.
I feel sure you will get them in hand !
And all that walking is so good for you too better than a gym subscription.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
At puppy classes we wete told to turn amd walk the other way or in a tight circle when dogs pull, it confuses them also they get to know that if they're pulling towards something they want, such as an interesting smell, they won't get there if they pull.
Clickers and treat methods are good for distracting them too.

Still, what do I know?
My advice gets ignored all the time.
Hey - no it doesn't!
I am not a dog owner but have been walking my friend's little Westie twice a day for the last 4 months. She is a delightful little dog - most of the time. However there are one or two other dogs about that she does not like, which causes chaos when we meet them.

I read what you said about Floyd and tried it with Mollie this morning when I saw one of them approaching - made her turn away from the offending dog and sit until it had walked passed. Rewarded her with a biscuit and continued our walk. She did keep looking over her shoulder and growling insults at him but - hey - it was only our first attempt. Will certainly keep doing it as I am sure my friend will appreciate it when she takes over again.

Thanks TessA
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
They are supposed to be Northumberland terriers but I think they saw my daughter coming as I think they must of cost about £900 for the two. They were also supposed to be siblings and will be two years old this month. I think Peaches looks more like a chihuahua yorkie cross. Diego is like a long haired yorkie but with platinum blond long soft hair.
Oh if there is chihuahua in either of them good luck with the training I've had a number of different breeds and chis are little devils, rarely friendly with other dogs. Yorkies are not slouches in that department either
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2018, 10:49 AM

There is a yorkie cross chihuahua in my obedience class and it's a really bright little thing .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Oh if there is chihuahua in either of them good luck with the training I've had a number of different breeds and chis are little devils, rarely friendly with other dogs. Yorkies are not slouches in that department either

That's what my vet said,chihuahuas can be extremely snappy,he couldn't believe how well behaved my little chi was,she is the most adorable,gentle,little girl!...but then,I would say that,wouldn't I!.

I use a halti on jack,stops him pulling.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Well, I managed to turn a timid, weird little un-housetrained, two year old dog into a confident, trained, loving (yet still weird) dog in nine months so I must be doing something right!

Well done, Tess.

Your methods obviously work a treat for her.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->

I believe you said Norfolks or Norwich before, MC?

No such thing as a Northumberland Terrier, but the Bedlingtons I have come from Northumberland.

Good luck anyway, you can only persevere.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:09 PM

I dont really know what they are supposed to be but they look totally different from each other and nothing like they are supposed to look like.
To be honest its a bit like Manuel the waiters "Siberian Hamster" from Fawlty Towers. I really do think these two dogs were just sold to her with stories to warrant the ridiculous price she paid for them.
Love them both to bits though and Peaches has really stolen my heart.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top