Join for free
Page 4 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 11:25 PM

Re: This is now Boring.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I was referring to this thread, not to Brexit itself,
That's alright then Swim, it's your thread so you are entitled to call it boring
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Same people, same posts, been over all of it and nothing anyone on here can do about it.

Time to find something more interesting.
Quite a few things in life can be boring.

But I do think it might be an idea to tackle things in the style of Just a Minute led by 95 years old Nicholas Parsons, with no Repetition, Deviation or Hesitation.

Am I off piste or maybe just piste off.

just saying...........
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
A bank transfer will do.
Will £20 billion do? Should give the people of britain time to prepare for leaving the EU. One cannot take it out on a people if their government is not functioning.
Ok, you might argue that they voted for this bunch, but insights about once's vote can change with time and increasing knowledge.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You know, if it was up to me, I'd pay to keep the brits in the european family.
You do realise we aren't rowing off with our island to another position, we will still be European ? Just leaving the EU not Europe.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 12:46 PM

Y'DO realise Shakespeare actually saw this coming?
He foretold this sad parting of friends from friends,of families torn asunder.
He even foretold the issue at stake...400+ years ago!

Oh,yes; "To 'B',or not to 'B',that,is the question"...WHAT a bloke,eh?!?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You do realise we aren't rowing off with our island to another position, we will still be European ? Just leaving the EU not Europe.
I know, but:
You have to pay extra £7 to visit europe as a tourist
We gave to pay €10 to visit the UK
After the UK leaves, we will not be able to watch the bbc (in the netherlands 90% of houses are on cable. We will no longer see country files, casualty, holby, call the midwives. My wife will devastated.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 12:55 PM

I know, but:
After the UK leaves, we will not be able to watch the bbc (in the netherlands 90% of houses are on cable. We will no longer see country files, casualty, holby, call the midwives. My wife will devastated.
Well that all sounds fair to me. I'd like to see only licence payers see BBC programming, and I can't see a problem with such a small fee to visit countries, it's just over £2 a year to add to holidays etc. Not going to bankrupt anyone.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 12:57 PM

I know, but:

I watch Countryfile but none of the others..........Life is still good.

£7 is the cost of two coffees in London, Edinburgh, Paris and The Hague.............It's no biggie!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 01:19 PM

I know, but:

Don't worry. Nothing worth watching in any case.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well that all sounds fair to me. I'd like to see only licence payers see BBC programming, and I can't see a problem with such a small fee to visit countries, it's just over £2 a year to add to holidays etc. Not going to bankrupt anyone.
Obvious solution is don't go to Europe for your hols. Turkey and the US spring to mind. Better still, go on a `staycation` and keep your money in the UK.

Page 4 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top