Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:16 PM

Re: Well - that was fun ... not!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well - I survived - that cat survived - the decorations are up but I need to buy a few more batteries for some of the lights. Thought I had bought enough - but we all know what thought did - don't we. Trying to summon up the energy to put the boxes back in the loft - thing is - they are heavier now than when they came down as I packed - no, not the cat, - all my ornaments in them to make room for all the Santas! Maybe I'll just put up the cards now and leave the boxes until morning.

Hmm - the clock that plays carols - on the hour every hour - is driving me crazy already!
I did the same, ran out of batteries for the lights, got some though & Son helped me do the front porch, I only decorate that.
I also had to remove ornaments & vases from the porch window sills, they are wrapped in bubble wrap in a box by the front door now. Guess I'd better put them in the sun lounge out of the way, or, Son can do that.
He also found our fibre optic tree, he put that in the living room. He's a good Son.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:17 PM

Oh dear ST almost as bad as my experience last night...
The phone rang
..I was moving the receiver to the warm sitting room to chat when
..phone cord got tangled in my flipflp
..I pulled out a wire in the phone line connection so lost my connection to telephone/internet/tv

Took ages to find the fault and repair while kneeling in the semi dark and freezing hall.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:26 PM

I have come to the conclusion, you are all ‘walking disasters’!!

In fact, some of your escapades could be used in a comedy series!
Any scriptwriters out there?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have come to the conclusion, you are all ‘walking disasters’!!
Card carrying member here!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Card carrying member here!
Surfermom, So, what is your comedy ‘claim to fame’?
I have loved all these little stories.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:36 PM

I'm sorry can't help laughing at this sorry scenario
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Surfermom, So, what is your comedy ‘claim to fame’?
I have loved all these little stories.
Oh, dozens. Yesterday I left the house with my running jacket inside out.

One of my favorites was when I was dressed to the nines at an outdoor holiday party. Many of us had made our way out on a boardwalk and dock behind the host's home.

There I was, hair coiffed, beaded gown, sipping champagne, lost in conversation, when a rotting board collapsed under me sending me tumbling into the bay.

A very chivalrous gentleman sacrificed his tuxedo when he jumped in right after me. A shame though as the water was only hip deep, and the only reason I might have drowned would have been from laughing so hard.

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

15-12-2018, 06:27 PM

I should add that I spent the rest of evening amongst the handsome and beautifully dressed crowd wearing a borrowed bathrobe and sporting raccoon mascara eyes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2018, 06:35 PM

One of my favorites was when I was dressed to the nines at an outdoor holiday party. Many of us had made our way out on a boardwalk and dock behind the host's home.

There I was, hair coiffed, beaded gown, sipping champagne, lost in conversation, when a rotting board collapsed under me sending me tumbling into the bay.

A very chivalrous gentleman sacrificed his tuxedo when he jumped in right after me. A shame though as the water was only hip deep, and the only reason I might have drowned would have been from laughing so hard.

Oh no, but a great story! Surfermom.
What a good sport you are!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 06:43 PM

my goodness SM that tops the list for yesterdays disasters I think

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top