Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 07:44 PM

Security update for iPhones

Having just seen this Apple update and that it's an important one, I thought it might be useful to put a thread on OFF:

https://mashable.com/article/apple-u...s/?europe=true

There is also an article, on the same website, about a scary iPhone hack, again probably better just to be aware of this:

https://mashable.com/article/iphone-..._medium=onsite

I have now decided to change the Settings on all my devices to 'Automatically Update' whereas previously I always used to manually update them. It seems the more popular Apple devices become this makes it more worthwhile for hackers to hack into them.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 09:05 PM

Re: Security update for iPhones

Thanks Baz46!

Updating iPad and iPhone already! This is the detail on the update:

iOS 14.4 includes the following improvements for your iPhone:
Smaller QR codes can be recognised by Camera
Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
Notifications for when the camera on your iPhone is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
This release also fixes the following issues:
Image artefacts could appear in HDR photos taken with iPhone 12 Pro
Fitness widget may not display updated Activity data
Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear in the keyboard
The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages
Enabling Switch Control in Accessibility may prevent phone calls from being answered from the Lock Screen
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 10:02 PM

@ Minx – thanks for the additional information, that's something I cannot access as my iPhone is not one of the latest. In fact it's almost the oldest one that Apple will support, so when it's no longer able to be supported I will get a new one. Not too bad for around seven years' old or more though.
It's only used for calls and texts. Other Apple devices are used for internet access – two MacBook Pro laptops and a 27" iMac, also that iPhone screen I find is too small to use for anything else!
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

27-01-2021, 10:33 PM

i just installed that update to on my not new model but new to me lol

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top