Join for free
Page 18 of 30 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:11 PM

Re: Should I do it?

Not sure H&S matters on an un-adopted lane.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not sure H&S matters on an un-adopted lane.

I am not sure either Spitty, but better to be safe than sorry and do a bit of homework. People can't afford to throw money away.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:33 PM

I can't but have, water under the bridge.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Carol, that strikes me as quite odd.
I had a feeling they have to be crash tested to be legal, but I might be wrong.

How did you find this chap? Is he reputable? Do you know any other of his customers?
Has you got a price for his home-made bollard?

Also, do you know a proper, legal bollard from a dodgy one? If not, I would do a lot of homework before you pay him!

See if this is any help. It may or may not be, you decide:

https://www.atgaccess.com/news/insig...y-bollard-tips

If you get it wrong, your neighbour could be on you like a ton of bricks!
Why does it strike you as odd Mups?

I found this chap on the 'My Builder' website where I get a lot of workmen from. He had 100% good reviews.

I am happy with the discussion I had with him. We have agreed on £150 including installation in concrete.

For what reason would the neighbours be 'down on me like a ton of bricks'? If they went on my property & bumped into my bollard, wouldn't it be their own fault?

I didn't find your link any help at all. It doesn't even mention the type of bollard I'm having.

Why does the link say I would need to hire a skip to take away a bucketful of rubble from where he digs? I'm sure he could get it in his builders van.

I am quite confident that I am allowed to protect my property with a bollard. If it backfires it's not the end of the world.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Why does it strike you as odd Mups?

I found this chap on the 'My Builder' website where I get a lot of workmen from. He had 100% good reviews.

I am happy with the discussion I had with him. We have agreed on £150 including installation in concrete.

For what reason would the neighbours be 'down on me like a ton of bricks'? If they went on my property & bumped into my bollard, wouldn't it be their own fault?

I didn't find your link any help at all. It doesn't even mention the type of bollard I'm having.

Why does the link say I would need to hire a skip to take away a bucketful of rubble from where he digs? I'm sure he could get it in his builders van.

I am quite confident that I am allowed to protect my property with a bollard. If it backfires it's not the end of the world.
Carol, I would have thought the fitting of your bollard would be similar to installing a rotary washing line where you concrete the bit you stick the column into.
I can’t imagine a skip being needed, besides the hire of one would cost you about the same as what you’ve been quoted to make and install the bollard!

Still can’t make out why your installation is £150 and Pauline was charged a massive £1000!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:20 AM

Hi Art.
I guess Pauline's is top quality & a different type to mine anyway.

All I want is something to keep the pesky bully boy off my property. I am not willing to spend a lot of money.

I'm quite happy my builder chap will make me a good strong one - suitable for the purpose I want it for.

When he was leaving he said 'I'll contact you next week then about fitting it' I said 'Yes ok, make sure it's a good strong one' and he replied with a smile 'I daren't make it any other' We both had a laugh.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:52 AM

Even I’m unsure why Mups would state the neighbour ‘coming down on you...etc’. Everyone seems to lose sight of the fact it’s Carol’s property and she can do whatever she likes, whether it’s justified or not, whether you like it or not, whether the neighbour likes it or not.

I’m sure, Carol, it will give you peace of mind. And you can install an outdoor camera on your wifi (if you have a strong signal) if you are really concerned. I have installed a Blink camera in my garden to keep an eye on my gate, and to make sure it is safe to let Holly out.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Even I’m unsure why Mups would state the neighbour ‘coming down on you...etc’. Everyone seems to lose sight of the fact it’s Carol’s property and she can do whatever she likes, whether it’s justified or not, whether you like it or not, whether the neighbour likes it or not.

I’m sure, Carol, it will give you peace of mind. And you can install an outdoor camera on your wifi (if you have a strong signal) if you are really concerned. I have installed a Blink camera in my garden to keep an eye on my gate, and to make sure it is safe to let Holly out.
Jazzi, Did you install and set up all this security equipment yourself? If so, l’d love to know how easy or hard it is to do this.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

25-01-2021, 11:02 AM

Thanks for your support Jazzi. I didn't expect this thread to go on so long.

No I'm not interested in cameras or anything else.

I'm not obsessed with this bully boy as some seem to think. If the bollard doesn't work then so be it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:12 AM

https://www.over50sforum.com/picture...ictureid=15341

Page 18 of 30 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top