Join for free
Page 19 of 30 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:20 AM

Re: Should I do it?

Art, I have just shown a screen shot of the latest video clip of my garden. Trying to take a photo but I’m still not sure how it works.

The set comes in two parts. The synch module, that plugs in indoors, and the actual camera. When prompted, you point your device camera at the QR code of synch module - having plugged in and wait for the lights - to set it up, then input your wifi code. Back into your app (which you have already downloaded), you then click on add camera, and again need to scan in the QR code. There are two stickers on the outside of the box to aid with this anyway. Then you wait for it all to look for each other, to start working.

It was easy enough on the iPad, but the phone threw up some problems when trying to log in. It likes to send a code that you have to input. Can be fart arsely fiddly, but once set up is quite good.

When I get my state pension at the end of this week I am going to order the set of two indoor cameras. They are an Amazon make.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:23 AM

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Art, I have just shown a screen shot of the latest video clip of my garden. Trying to take a photo but I’m still not sure how it works.

The set comes in two parts. The synch module, that plugs in indoors, and the actual camera. When prompted, you point your device camera at the QR code of synch module - having plugged in and wait for the lights - to set it up, then input your wifi code. Back into your app (which you have already downloaded), you then click on add camera, and again need to scan in the QR code. There are two stickers on the outside of the box to aid with this anyway. Then you wait for it all to look for each other, to start working.

It was easy enough on the iPad, but the phone threw up some problems when trying to log in. It likes to send a code that you have to input. Can be fart arsely fiddly, but once set up is quite good.

When I get my state pension at the end of this week I am going to order the set of two indoor cameras. They are an Amazon make.
Jazzi, l am impressed!!
My WiFi is not good here as l am they say, ‘at the end of the exchange’ whatever that means?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 11:39 AM

In the ideal world, installing a remote control bollard which lowers itself vertically into the ground (like those in some pedestrianised town and city centres) would be lovely. Or even the elongated road barriers, which remind me of a mini Thames Barrier would be great.

Having said that, in the ideal world, the neighbour wouldn't have been rude and created this bit of bad blood in the first place, and non of this would be necessary.

Good luck with the bollard. Hope that it works, doesn't create further problems and nastiness, and that he gets the message.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Why does it strike you as odd Mups?

I found this chap on the 'My Builder' website where I get a lot of workmen from. He had 100% good reviews.

I am happy with the discussion I had with him. We have agreed on £150 including installation in concrete.

For what reason would the neighbours be 'down on me like a ton of bricks'? If they went on my property & bumped into my bollard, wouldn't it be their own fault?

I didn't find your link any help at all. It doesn't even mention the type of bollard I'm having.

Why does the link say I would need to hire a skip to take away a bucketful of rubble from where he digs? I'm sure he could get it in his builders van.

I am quite confident that I am allowed to protect my property with a bollard. If it backfires it's not the end of the world.

Firstly, sorry if I alarmed you Carol.

I was just telling you what I read on various builders websites who install these things.

I agree the skip seems unneccessary, maybe they were talking about those that install several bollards.

Hope you get it sorted.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 12:32 PM

You can only reason ,if the neighbour is prepared to listen,I even posted a letter to them, nope, still they continued to park so far over on my space, I couldn’t get in.

When is he installing it,Carol?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You can only reason ,if the neighbour is prepared to listen,I even posted a letter to them, nope, still they continued to park so far over on my space, I couldn’t get in.

When is he installing it,Carol?

We didn't fix a definite date. Possibly the end of this week but depends on the snow of course.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
we didn't fix a definite date. Possibly the end of this week but depends on the snow of course.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 02:42 PM

carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

31-01-2021, 02:50 PM

My bollard was installed this morning.
£150 supplied & fitted. It's strong & sturdy. I'm well pleased with it.

Now waiting for bully boys reaction.

Page 19 of 30 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top