Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 09:21 PM

Re: Couriers.

I try not to buy anything online if I can help it, but these days you just can't get some stuff any other way.... I'm still mourning the closure of 'Maplin'
So everything electronic comes via Royal Mail, and although it all comes by standard post (because I'm a tight sod and it doesn't cost me owt') I'm amazed how quickly it arrives..
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I try not to buy anything online if I can help it, but these days you just can't get some stuff any other way.... I'm still mourning the closure of 'Maplin'
So everything electronic comes via Royal Mail, and although it all comes by standard post (because I'm a tight sod and it doesn't cost me owt') I'm amazed how quickly it arrives..
I'm with you on that one. Had a local Maplin store not far from where I live. Was devastated when it closed.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I'm with you on that one. Had a local Maplin store not far from where I live. Was devastated when it closed.
I was gutted Dodge.....

Found a good supplier on the net called BitsBox, not as good as browsing around the store though Dodge.....Saves me a bit of money though because I always used to come home with more than I went for......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:03 PM

Marge has just received a large (30"x40") canvas for her art work, delivered by the notorious Hermes.
There is a deep hole in the outside packaging on one side and, having opened it, the canvas is irreparably damaged by a distinct depression in the surface and is completely unusable.
The Hermes courier left the item in our porch, as instructed, and provided a photograph of it in situ. Not surprisingly, the photograph shows the other, undamaged, side!
Not only a poor company, but possibly a dishonest courier,
Marge has waited two months for the canvas to be delivered which, for some reason, has been sent from France despite being ordered from a British company.
Why do sellers still use this hopelessly unreliable company?

I have posted this on Trustpilot, though of course I didn't refer to my better half as 'Marge'.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:12 PM

We have the same courier, so errors are few and few between. Even better, he always rewards the dogs for their bravery:

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:12 PM

Hi

I am stuck at the moment.

Not allowed to drive yet, so have to have everything delivered.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am stuck at the moment.

Not allowed to drive yet, so have to have everything delivered.
Me too.
No fault of my own, other than telling the truth.

Following a visit to the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, I was told that I may have suspected glaucoma, so I declared that to the DVLA. That was back in November. They're still sitting on my application for licence renewal, having said they'd arrange for me to visit Specsavers for an eye test.

On my last visit to the MREH just over a week ago, I was told that there is definitely no glaucoma. I immediately informed DVLA who, predictably, have not replied.

Marge is happy to do all the driving, but I'd prefer it if the DVLA morons could extract their digits.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-01-2021, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Me too.
No fault of my own, other than telling the truth.

Following a visit to the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, I was told that I may have suspected glaucoma, so I declared that to the DVLA. That was back in November. They're still sitting on my application for licence renewal, having said they'd arrange for me to visit Specsavers for an eye test.

On my last visit to the MREH just over a week ago, I was told that there is definitely no glaucoma. I immediately informed DVLA who, predictably, have not replied.

Marge is happy to do all the driving, but I'd prefer it if the DVLA morons could extract their digits.
There was a news report yesterday JB, saying that most of the staff at Swansea DVLA are poorly with Covid.....That might be the reason for you hold up...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-01-2021, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There was a news report yesterday JB, saying that most of the staff at Swansea DVLA are poorly with Covid.....That might be the reason for you hold up...
Well they have no business to be! Bloody civil servants.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 12:08 AM

At the end of the day I've had no reply to the emails I sent Hermes and the sender... Not even an acknowledgement email!

I have contacted Paypal who will help me and I am also going to contact resolver.co.uk who are supposed to be good at sorting these type of problems out.

I expect it will get sorted in the end but I could do without the hassle.

In future I think I'll buy everything from Amazon who have their own vans and never miss a delivery.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top