Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 03:16 AM

Internet Connection Issue 27/01/21

A friend phoned me at 1800 last night with connection issues to ITV HUB and her email - I tested both on my PC and they connected normally. The friend decided to leave her business on the internet until the morning and I thought no more of it, thinking there might be an issue with local usage .

I was connected normally until about an hour ago when I lost internet/wifi connectivity. I used the data connection on my phone to search for outtages in the North-West but found none - still, it's odd that the friend, who lives a few miles away had a problem and now I've got the same .....

Connectivity restored at 0320 .....

AFAIK, that's my first outtage for over 2 Years, since I switched to Zen .....
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:00 AM

Re: Internet Connection Issue 27/01/21

Bad weather issue possibly? Heavy snowfall maybe?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Bad weather issue possibly? Heavy snowfall maybe?
I stlll haven't discovered any local issues but there were 3 outtages in the Manchester Area which may be the cause - TalkTalk (my friend) and BT/Virgin (me) - maybe there was a "knock-on effect" .....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:59 AM

It might have been maintenance being done area by area. Upgrading the system to so it can cope with the increased demand. I don't think they'd necessarily announce those if the outage is only going to be for a few hours.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

27-01-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It might have been maintenance being done area by area. Upgrading the system to so it can cope with the increased demand. I don't think they'd necessarily announce those if the outage is only going to be for a few hours.
Possibly .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 02:47 PM

I was watching ITV Hub all evening (via TalkTalk) and didn't have any problems.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 03:49 PM

I get issues with mine ie blips on and off, low times or freezing.

Pre lockdown I rarely came online in the day, so I always noticed around 10pm (ish) things froze while using the laptop. So I disconnect and reconnect and it's fine again.

Same things happen in the daytime too, but not all the time.

I'm on wifi now and before it was broadband but still the same things happens. I used to think it was my laptop, but as I say disconnecting and reconnecting (sometimes in the middle of
posting on here ) it seems to sort the 'freeze' out.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top