Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 10:57 PM

Big Ask

Have you needed to make a big ask, but not sure what you are asking, also, would the folks around you realise the ask was big?, just wish Arthur Askey was still here, maybe he would know!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:23 PM

Re: Big Ask

Nothing outrageously out of the ordinary in my personal life. But professionally I had to make many.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 12:04 AM

Does my ask look big in this?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Does my ask look big in this?
Yes - because it is! Too much lazing about in LTP.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Have you needed to make a big ask,
Yes - once - had been home for a week - came back to find my immersion tank in the loft had emptied itself all over my sofa via the sitting room ceiling! Had to ask a friend if she would lend me the £600 needed to replace it and make good the damage - just until my next payday. Thankfully - she did!

Didn't like having to ask though.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Yes - once - had been home for a week - came back to find my immersion tank in the loft had emptied itself all over my sofa via the sitting room ceiling! Had to ask a friend if she would lend me the £600 needed to replace it and make good the damage - just until my next payday. Thankfully - she did!

Didn't like having to ask though.

Crikey, I’m surprised you weren’t insured, ST.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

28-01-2021, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Crikey, I’m surprised you weren’t insured, ST.
I was/am - but it takes forever to sort out insurance and I needed immediate action to stop the ceiling falling down on me! The work was done and the debt to my friend repaid before the Insurance people had their act together.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top